No ''My Year in Music 2016'' ?

Solved!
1 person liked this

Re: No ''My Year in Music 2016'' ?

alexkmhs1
Casual Listener

Hi Rorey,

I've regretted all year that I missed following my ‘Your Top Songs 2016’ playlist when it was there. I've finally decided to see if there is anything at all that can be done - is there anything? It would make me incredibly happy if there was a way to find it again so I could follow it and save it for eternity ;-)

Many thanks,

Alex

Highlighted
Solution! 6 people liked this

simononline
Casual Listener

Hi Alex,

If you type spotify:app:genre:2016 (desktop) or spotify:genre:2016 (iOS) in Search and then hit Enter you can still get to ‘Your Top Songs 2016’ playlist.

Note that it doesn't appear until you hit Enter.

This similarly also works for the new ‘Your Top Songs 2017’ playlist. Just type spotify:app:genre:2017 (desktop) or spotify:genre:2017 (iOS) in Search and then hit Enter. Which will be helpful once 2017 Wrapped disappears from Browse.

Cheers

3 people liked this

kaptenksk

Hey! I thought I'd give my feedback on the new system.

Now, there are a LOT of people who prefer the "old" version of My year in music. Just saying. Personal trivia around music that I listen to is heaps more interesting than what someone else has been listening to. Even if that someone else is in a majority (due to obvious reasons). These new lists do nothing for me. I mean, I just turn on the radio and get the same thing? 

Even if I get a personalized list of what I've been listening to, I mean, I already know this? These songs are in my other lists. There is no reason to remind me of what I already know. It's the trivia thats interesting! What was the first song this year? What song played most? Which band was played the most? That kind of **bleep** has some substance to it, rather than arbitrary generated lists. 

I really think it's time to realize there are a lot more people listening to a lot more music than the prodigal **bleep** popularized by companies for profit. 

Hugs, Marcus.

alexkmhs1
Casual Listener

"Hi Alex,

If you type spotify:app:genre:2016 (desktop) or spotify:genre:2016 (iOS) in Search you can still get to ‘Your Top Songs 2016’ playlist.

Cheers"

--> Worked (only) in iOS for me. Problem solved. Thanks heaps, Simon!

jblattnerNYC
Roadie

The 2017 Wrapped playlists have been posted, but there is no personalized Top 100 Songs of 2017 playlist. It's a shame that the Year in Music was discontinued, but now I'm wondering if they will even provide the annual playlist so many of us have grown to love. A thread devoted to the "Your Top Songs 2017" is located here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/My-wrapped-2017/m-p/3538206#M43334 - but maybe some of the folks on this thread could provide some answers as to whether or not we will receive our Top 100 of the year

2 people liked this

FilipSpotify
Regular

I really hope there is a My Year In Music this year too. Last year it came in the middle of December if I remember correctly and I was so grateful for it. It’s like a present every year, I want to know which was my song of the year etc. 

1 person liked this

malaulaueee

Will we pretty please get My Year In Music back for 2017??????

kristinafh
Casual Listener

I updated my settings to get the email - I had been relying on the push notifications to my phone :(. I've certainly listened to lots of music this year - any chance that you'll be sending out more emails? I'd really love the graphic to share with friends.

Kristina Frazier-Henry

Annethe71
Roadie

The stat for 2017 is available on Spotify’s Facebook, might be even on Twitter. I did mine yesterday via FB.

Cheers,

Annethe

MaxieWoxy
Roadie

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm not sure why people are so up in arms about this whole thing - even a year later.  Last.fm does a much better job tracking your listening and presenting year-end visualizations and beyond. It's free and it's easily connected to your Spotify account. 

SUGGESTED POSTS