No ''My Year in Music 2016'' ?

Solved!

Re: No ''My Year in Music 2016'' ?

djdon77
Roadie
You are absolutely correct! I too, have been on this from the beginning
trying to help people who for whatever reason, didn't receive their stats,
like i did! The word "try" was used, but no promise or guarantee was made!
I'm a former CSR with over a decade of experience with some of the top
companies! You NEVER say the words" IPromise" or "I guarantee" to a
customer, unless you're ONE THOUSAND PERCENT sure you can rectify the
situation & even then! I'm truly sorry if you or others took it as such;
What you got was lame "Customer speak" & no stats! For that i am sorry.

Spencerm1
Casual Listener

Just adding my disappointment that I did not recieve one of these despite meeting all the "criteria" from the solved community post.

1 person liked this

djdon77
Roadie
Try not to feel too bad! A lot of customers that meant the so called
criteria" didn't get their stats! I got mine, but this was a "Spotified"
Screwup on several levels! Problem was barley addressed, never really
solved; & never should've happened in the 1st place!
3 people liked this

Spencerm1
Casual Listener

EDIT - I will give Spotify some kudos for making it VERY easy to cancel my subscription!

I don't feel too bad. I cancelled my premium and am trying the subscription youtube service for a bit. 

I've paid for Spotify for 3 years now and while I really do like the "Weekly recommended" playlist, the playback on my work computer is terrible, it doesn't interact well with Chrome, and recently I've been finding less and less of a catalog I care about. I was staying with it since I really like the data I get out of it, but since they've dropped that feature as well there isn't anything holding me back.

I did a little google searching and discovered this thread and countless like it and I think its time for a change!

1 person liked this

MaxieWoxy
Roadie

Shaking my head at all these people who are lost without their "year in music" and think that's the only way to get it.

Get a free last.fm account. Connect Spotify to it in your Spotify settings. Bam. You'll never have to rely on Spotify for analytics again. Let them focus on what they are - a streaming service. Last.fm provides MUCH better analytics anyway. The year-end summary is very cool. And hey, you can check your stats/habits any time during the year if you want.

Leave the analytics to a service provider that specializes in exactly that.

djdon77
Roadie
I don't blame you for cancelling! I'm trying out Google Play before i
decide whether to cancel. But i got my stats! Let's be clear- Spotify
didn't drop YIM, the changed it to " Your Year Wrapped In Music"! Less
Stats. Less Personalized. I'm sorry if you didn't get yours. A lot of
people didn't & weren't notified about the change, & don't like the new
format! I'm 1 of them!
1 person liked this

djdon77
Roadie
Thanks for the cool head! But i think most people are upset at the way Spotify presented the change in YIM, and a former CSR, they could've handled in this in a much better way, as too not upset people! TY for your timely response!;)
3 people liked this

Pantaloon
Gig Goer
I think that's a little unfair; we have a right to be upset. Last.fm year in music is considerably different than what spotify has done is previous years. Similar concept, but not the same stats. Spotify downgraded, totally "forgot" to inform users that they needed to opt into subscriptions, and some people still didn't get it.

Personally, knowing what spotify has done in previous years, I'd say last fm's year in music is inferior...but with the changes, last fm was significantly more in depth than the **bleep** we got from spotify this year.

I'm not hating on last.fm, I have an account with them. I love seeing my top albums, songs, and artists whenever I please, rather than waiting a full year. I only just got it in August, so I'm not sure if my stats would be different if I had had the account for several years? Something I liked that spotify did was compare your current year in music and the previous year; it would be cool if last fm did something like this. But the again, I'm sure they wouldn't want to make it identical to what spotify used to do.

Rjoseph
Music Fan

I still haven't recieved my wrapped in 2016 email and i definitely do not fall into any of the categories where i shouldn't receive them. I've always received them in the past, and definitely listened to enough music as they're one of my partners, and i'm also a paying client.

2 people liked this

streetspirit
Music Fan

Still waiting for the Wrapped e-mail. Deeply frustrated to be honest!

SUGGESTED POSTS