Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Paypal option for Turkey?

No Paypal option for Turkey?

Hello, i would like to switch to premium but for some bizarre reason the paypal option is not available for Turkish users. As the price for Turkish users is 9.99 TRY each month I do not want to switch my country to some other country and double that amount as dollars or euros are mostly double the price for us.

Is there an explanation as to why we can not choose Paypal as an option?

I want to pay as Paypal because for some reason spotify won't accept my credit card number even though I use it everywhere around. It is a Maestro card from "İş Bankası" http://www.isbank.com.tr/English/.

Anyway if someone has information about this it would be helpful because i could not find any. As a last option i will have to switch over to some other country which makes the Turkish implementation pretty useless other than the language option I guess.

1 Reply

Unfortunately, Spotify don't accept Maestro cards in any country as far as I am aware. 

I'm not sure why PayPal is not an option either, but I would suggest you get in touch with the local payments team directly using the online contact form and see if they have any suggestions. You won't be able to subscribe to another country unless you also have a payment method (such as a credit or debit card) which is registered in that country. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts