Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Username

No Username

Plan

Free

Country

NZ

Device

LG G6/Desktop

Operating System

Android 9/Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So my username doesnt exist, i have no display name or username on any platform and i cant change my username. I would appreciate any help

18 Replies

Hey @Arcameneled, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

That's odd.

On your mobile device, can you open the Spotify app > Click the gear icon on the top right hand corner > Account. When you get to that page, send me a screenshot of what you see so I can take a look.

Looking forward to your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Interesting. On mobile it shows a number, but on my account settings on desktop and in the webbrowser it doesnt show a number

Screenshot_20200204-141126.png

Hey @Arcameneled,

Thanks for getting back to me with the screenshot. 

I've checked on my end and you won't see your username displayed on the Web Player, so this is expected behavior. You'll only see your username displayed on the Spotify desktop app or the mobile app.

I hope this clears things up. I'll be here if you have any more questions!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Not really,
I don't use the webplayer, but when i go to change account settings in browser no username or number string shows up, and I don't seem to have a display name like most people. This differs greatly from my sisters account whose username shows up in account settings.

Hey @Arcameneled,

If you're referring to the Account Overview page on your Spotify account, I don't see my username on their either, and I used a different account and it's still the same.

I'll take a closer look at this and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey @Arcameneled,

Thanks for your patience!
Could you let me know if your account was created through Facebook or was it created through Spotify directly?

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi @Arcameneled,

Thanks for posting here! 

Can you also send us a screenshot of how your username appears in the app when you go to Settings?

Thanks in advance!

PetyaModerator

Honestly not sure, was such a long time ago. Probably facebook?

See above screenshot, or do you mean the windows 10 app?

Hi,
So when I created my account i never gave me the option to set up a user name, now i have a name that I do not like and that I do not want to see when i log on my account

Hi @Arcameneled ,

Thanks for getting back to us!

I meant  if we can see a screenshot from the Windows app. So we could see how it looks on a Desktop device. 

If your account was create trough Facebook, we advise you to check this Spotify Answer. It can shed some light on what's going on. 

@Irisiturbe, in this case, we recommend you to go to this Ongoing Issue. Make sure to add your vote there by clicking on +VOTE. You can also subscribe if you want. That way you'll be notified when there are updates about this.

In the meantime, you can follow the steps under the description.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Please bare in mind that wasn't just me that replied. Here is a screenshot of the windows application. I can see now the numbers. Are you saying this is a result of making it through fb?

Screenshot (94).png

Latest update on this, i went to the post that you linked, then went to my privacy settings and it wont active "Process Facebook Data"

Hi @Arcameneled,

Thanks for the screenshot! 

That's how accounts created through Facebook look after the Facebook account has been deactivated or the app is being slow to load the data on the page. 

Do you currently have an active Facebook account? 

What happens when you try to toggle Process Facebook Data on? Do you see some kind of an error message and if so - what exactly? Can you send us a screen recording?

Keep us in the loop!

PetyaModerator

So i can't find a save settings button (if there is one)
No matter how many times I click "Process Facebook Data" (yes I have an active account). When I go back to the settings page it is back to being toggles off

Hey @Arcameneled,

Thanks for getting back to us so quickly and letting us know what happens.

There's no 'Save Changes' button. We suggest you try a clean reinstall of the app and toggling on the Process My Facebook Data button again. 

Let us know if that helps to keep the made changes stick! 

We'll stay tuned for your reply 🙂

PetyaModerator

Hi there, no difference with a clean install. I am currently trying to change this toggle through the web settings though. Is it possible to change it through the app?

Hey there @Arcameneled,

Thanks for staying with us while trying to get this solved! 

There's and Ongoing Issue that was created today about Process My Facebook Data not staying turned on. Apparently there are more users experiencing this. 

We encourage you to go there and add your vote to show you're affected by this too. You can do this by clicking on +VOTE. If you want to stay informed about any updates, feel free to subscribe. 

We ask you to bear with us and let us know if we can help with anything else related to Spotify in the meantime! 

Have a good day!

PetyaModerator

Suggested posts