Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No access to my premium account - What can I do?

No access to my premium account - What can I do?

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Laptop (Windows 10), Computer (Windows 10), Mobile Phone (Android 4.2 I think)

Operating System

Laptop (Windows 10), Computer (Windows 10), Mobile Phone (Android 4.2 I think)

My Question or Issue

Hello everybody, 

today when I tried to listen to spotify on my cellphone during my train trip to my hometown I noticed that I was logged out. Due to bad internet (I usually keep Spotify offline), I couldn't log back in. When I arrived home, I noticed that both my laptop and pc were logged out too. 

Shortly after, I noticed that my standard password did not work anymore. In addition, I then noticed that my account uses an old e-mail address I can't access anymore (was an old e-mail I used when i was a kid-teenager... Lost the access over the years, should've checked that when I upgraded to premium).

I wonder now,

1) why I got logged out of all my accounts (I heard that spotify checks multi-accounts more frequent but they shouldn't ban me because I move from my hometown to my worktown and back twice or thrice a week, do they?)

2) how to be able to regain access to my account (I can provide all the information from the debit of my bank, + username (nachtion) + e-mail address that should be used by the account, if it did not change somehow). 

3) how to stop paying for premium if it is not possible to regain access due to lost e-mail access. I don't mind using a new / alternative account but would then like to turn off premium on the old one, ofc...

Thank you for enlightening me! Everything I tried before was somewhat stopped due to the need of logging in into my e-mail account.

1 Reply

Hey there @user-removed,

thanks for posting in the community !

Please check out this help page and use it to locate all accounts listed with your details.

In addition, it might be that your account had been taken over and it would be a good thing following the steps on this help guide as well.

If needed, you can use the second guide i pasted and contact support to have a closer look at your account.

Hope this helps=)

Suggested posts