Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No albums or songs show up on artist pages

No albums or songs show up on artist pages

As of today when I look up an artist and visit their page, none of their songs or albums show up, and I only have the option to “shuffle play.” How am I supposed to find anyone’s music now? Been using Spotify paid for over two years.

Plan

Premium 

Country

US

Device

iPhone XR and MacBook Pro 

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

13 Replies

Hey @me70, help's arrived.

Only seeing the Shuffle Play button means you're on a Free account. We believe one of the following might've happened:

1. Your Premium account was reverted to the Free service
  2. Your logging in on another account which is on Free

We suggest that you go to your account page and check the receipts section to see if your payments look good or there was any interruption. More info on payments not working here.

Also check out this help article on finding other accounts you may have. Keep in mind that it's possible to create an account through Facebook so make sure to try that out too. 

Hope that helps, and let us know how it goes 🙂

Thank you for your answer. It seems to have been some kind of glitch because I’m still logged into my paid account, but it is working normally again. Still not sure what happened.

Hey @me70.

Glad that it sorted itself out in the end! 

Let us know if it plays up again, we'll be here to help.

Take care!

spotify:track:0TzbmxnYrlMV6dEln2l9nb

I’m having the exact same problem on iOS. I’ve triple checked I’m signed in on my account which is all paid up for the family premium plan, and I’ve also tried restarting my iPhone, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the app a few times, signing in and out, etc.

What else can I try?

I’m definitely going to switch to another streaming service if this is not resolved.

I have the exact same problem and I have a premium account on iOS

On my mac everything is fine.

Same here.  Artist page is very barebones. Only shows "Shuffle", "Featuring", "About", "On Tour" and "Offers".

No top songs, or albums to click on or through.  What's up?

A few restarts and a new install of the app helped 😊

That is unfortunately not feasible if you have 2000 songs downloaded! 

The artists I searched for a while ago, had no discography option. After that the different artists I searched for had the discography option seen but the older ones still do not have it. It’s like Spotify stores the artist page and doesn’t refresh it even after I cleared the cache. I used my second phone and to search for these artists and the pages loaded properly there.

Peter,

As of June 25, 2019, this is still an issue. Clicking an artist stored to my phone does not reveal the saved albums or song titles. Instead, I only see a black screen. Searching around, there have been numerous threads on the topic of "albums not showing under artist." Some have been marked as solved, but people are still complaining. 

Any additional suggestions?

Hey @ynwtf.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Since we rolled out the new Your Library experience, clicking on an artist that you follow will take you to their artist profile in Spotify, rather than to the music you have saved by the artist on your Spotify account.

As for the black screen that you're seeing, is this happening with all your artists, or only certain artists? Could you send us a screenshot so we can see what it looks like on your end? Once we have that, we'll take a closer look 😉

Same issue. My list of Songs no longer appears. My Artists list does not populate. Only my Playlists remained as they were. Been on Spotify for years, but will move to Pandora if not resolved. Unacceptable to be paying for a service which does not have basic features.

And as of today I have the same issue. No songs showing and I've been subscribing for years. This needs to be resolved as soon as possible.

This is definitely still an issue and a bug somewhere in the app. The weird thing is that it only happened to one artist for me. I looked at other artists and their singles and popular songs are in their profiles. I tried restarting the app and clearing the cache to no avail.

What fixed it for me, was creating a new playlist, within the playlist there is an Add Songs button, clicked that and searched for the artist. Here’s the fun thing, all the artists songs are there. Clicked the (+) button for each song, and I was on my merry way. With a little hope left, I went to check back the artist’s profile and all the popular songs, singles, features, fans are back!

Hope this helps others. Definitely cannot verify since it seems to be a ‘unable to reproduce’ kinda issue.

Cheers.

Suggested posts