NEXT STEP

No connection on windows/PC

No connection on windows/PC

Plan:Premium

Device:PC

Operating System:Windows[Version 10.0.18363.535]

Question or Issue

Hi,

Spotify keeps saying that there is no internet connection.

None of the psy-fixes posted here fixes it, and I know that there is'nt any issue with my computer nor internet connection, because if I downgrade from 1.1.24.91.g4ca6d5eb to 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e, the problem simply disapears.

Now the funny thing is, I'm unable to keep this working version, because spotify keeps updating by it self to the buged version.

This is the second time this happens, last was in november, but a new version fixed the issue, two weeks ago, new update, and it broked again.

So shame on spotify for 2 reasons:

-Releasing buged versions of the software

-Forcing updates on windows with no permission from the user

Fix issue, or quit on forcing updates.

4 Replies

I suggest contacting Customer Support for this. They may have troubleshooting steps specific to your PC that's not mentioned here in the Spotify website.

Hey @Pinh0 - help's here!

Do you mind letting us know what troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Would you mind checking out the steps listed in this support article and seeing if there's anything you haven't tried already?

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here in case you need any further help with this 🙂

Hello,

I undertstant your effort to help, but I think I was pretty clear in my original post.

The only fix is overwrite the actual version with an old version, and keep doing that every restart. If this isn't fixed, I will make it a permanent fix, by making a very simple script in powershell and adding it to sheddule manager to run every time windows boots up.

EDIT: as I said before, I'm happy to provide logs, files and everything that may help the coders to fix the issue.

Hey @Pinh0,

Thanks for getting back to uss! 

Currently there are issues with the app showing you're offline even though you're not. That's why we've created an Ongoing Issue while the right teams are investigating this. 

To contribute to this getting fixed you can add your vote by clicking on the +VOTE here. We also encourage you to subscribe to get relevant updates about it. You can do this by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner, next to the title. 

We appreciate your time to do this, stay tuned 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts