Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No content under 'New Releases' across all apps on my account

No content under 'New Releases' across all apps on my account

Plan

Duo Premium

Country

N. Macedonia

Device

iPhone XR, MacBook Pro 2017

Operating System

iOS 13.6, macOS 10.15.5

My Question or Issue

I have no content under New Releases. There are two sections:

1. 'The best new releases', which has one playlist titled 'New Music Friday'
  2. 'New albums & singles', which has NO content

I experience the same problem on the iOS app, the macOS app, and on the Spotify web player.

40 Replies

Hi There. Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Can you try several of the steps below?

Step 1: Log out and in (everywhere)
Step 2: Uninstall and reinstall Spotify
Step 3: Clean reinstall Spotify Link:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p...

Step 4: Contact info. Link:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/?_ga=2.42205862.246974634.1565949570-2085700887.1565949570

It redirects to the About Page > Option 3 - Offers the Contact Form and Option 4 - Points folks to @SpotifyCares on Twitter who are happy to help

Hope some of these steps help.

Thanks for your help, @Joelman719!

After the previous steps didn't work, I contacted Spotify Support (Step 4) and got the help I needed.

Basically, what they told me is that the New Releases section is empty because my account is new. Therefore, I have to wait for a week or two, while actively listening to music, before my New Releases section gets populated with relevant music.

I'll try to follow up here with an update. 

This is not an adequate answer! I have an account that I've used for years and I have the same problem of "New releases" section showing only 2 k-pop albums (I don't ever listen to k-pop).

STILL NOT FIXED, DAMN

Hey @TimeAmpala,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. So I finally went to my own Spotify account and went to "Made For You," and it looks like "New Releases" has been deleted in the recent Spotify updates. Hmm. 🤔 Weird.

I looked at my mobile device too, and it also disappeared. But don't worry, Spotify just changed the name of the title above the playlist. Everything stays the same, but they just changed the name of the playlist.

To see it go to "Made for you" then go down until you see "Discover New Music." From there, you can see "Release Radar" and "Discover Weekly," and I think "New Releases" was removed, and now it is changed to "Discover New Music."

Again don't worry. This isn't a big update; Spotify just changed the title's name, and everything else stays the same. 

I hope this cleared up some confusion. Have a wonderful Saturday.

No ❤️ the section "New albums and singles" isn't deleted, it's still there.
The sections you mention were there to begin with.

Hey @TimeAmpala,

So can you specifically tell me what is missing? I would appreciate it very much. Thanks you.

Hey @Joel-M,

Capture.PNG

I attached a photo with the issue circled in red in the Spotify desktop app (updated to latest version), to be as clear as possible.

The issue is that the "Browse > New releases > New albums and singles" section is only showing 2 k-pop albums that are months old, and isn't showing new content every Friday like it's supposed to. I don't even listen to k-pop! I never have!

This is not an issue caused by licensing and regulation limits due to country settings, as all the music is available for me to listen and find through playlists and manual search, but it's no longer appearing in the "New albums and singles" section for some unknown reason. It's not an app-specific error as the same issue persists through Spotify Android app, Spotify desktop app, Spotify Windows 10 Store version app and Spotify web client. I tried logging out of all the sessions, deleting data of all the apps and reinstalling all of them and that doesn't fix the issue. I have premium subscription. It must be a code/server-related issue and I'm begging yall to fix it.

Capture.PNG

Hey guys.

Thanks for reaching out, so I might have a solution to this problem. If you don't see your New Releases, it could be the country your set to. You see, New Releases only works on Specific Countries. So the country your account may be set to may not work due to the New Releases not being available yet in your country.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you create a new account and transfer your playlist to your new account.

Also, may I specifically ask what Country your user account to set to? Both @TimeAmpala and @theShaiHulud.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about this, and we're always here to help your with your issues. Please let me know if you have any questions or issues regarding this message.

Have a wonderful day, both of you.

Hi @Joel-M, you have my country info in the initial post: North Macedonia.

Creating a new account is in no way an acceptable solution, regardless of the problem.

@Joel-M

Looks like you found the cause of the problem, not the solution.

I can show you an e-mailed transcript of messages with other Spotify support staff (from when Spotify became available in Croatia couple months ago when I switched country settings to Croatia and subscribed to Premium and this issue first occured) when they told me this issue would fix itself over time because my "New albums and singles" section got reset because I changed my country settings, and that I should wait for it to resolve itself instead of canceling Premium. Now you're saying this feature isn't available at all in my country. Another support member (can't remember who) said this option was removed and placed inside "Your Release Radar" playlist. God knows how many other different responses I'd get from other support staff. Can you actually, actually check with developers and other people with background code knowledge as to why this is happening so we can know for certain how to proceed? Why would I delete my profile and create another if your solution turns out to be invalid, like it did with the other support members?

No hard feelings mate, but it just doesn't add up. Can you please check correctly with your dev colleagues?

Hey @theShaiHulud, and @TimeAmpala,

I checked with the mods in the back, and they said that since your account is not showing your "New Releases," it can be that you are in a general AB test group.

Some playlist will be expected, generate over time, especially if you just changed your account from one country to another not long ago.

I would also check if you are using offline mode or using a VPN or using the private mode to enable it.

If this doesn't work, then the only way to go from here is to CREATE a new account.

Again I will continue to check with the Mods in the back and see what I can do. I would also recommend you continue to ask the Spotify Support team and let me know what they said. That would be great. Thanks.

Have a great day to you both.

I'm not using a VPN or any private mode or offline mode or any VPN-like extensions, in-app or outside the app. You say I could/might maybe be in an AB test group, please actually check if I actually am? And if I am, move me to the part of the test group that has the "New albums & singles" feature enabled, not disabled.

I refuse to create a new account and resubscribe for this type of minimum-effort support.

Hey @TimeAmpala,

May I ask for an email list from the Spotify Support team? We would like to check out what the Spotify Support team said and make sure we are on the same page. Thanks.

Sure! Where should I send these email chat transcripts from other support members? What's your email @?

Hey @TimeAmpala,

Thank you for doing that for me. Note: please do not give any personal info. For example, email, phone number, ID, Password, Birthday, etc. It is safe for everyone so that no one wouldn't have to worry about people knowing other people's accounts.

If you would like the support transcript chat sent to the Mods, I would recommend creating a new topic then come and giving me your topic link so that I can look into it. Unfortunately, you can't give a problem straight to the Mods. I would have to evaluate it and then escalate the message. From there, it will go to the other support team, and they will look into it. 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this and sharing your info with the Community and our support channels. This information greatly helps our developer teams.

What you see in this section of the Library varies depending on your location like @Joel-M said. If you are in a country Spotify recently launched in, like in the case of @ShaiHulud, the section should update soon. In the meanwhile you can keep the app updated and listen to music regularly, liking songs etc. as this helps the algorithm generate recommendations faster and with more accuracy.

@TimeAmpala, thanks for sharing your troubleshooting with us. Bear in mind that your section not updating might have something to do with country specific restrictions/licensing. Some albums might get released on a later date. We'd also like to ask you if you can check whether you get the same recommendations in your Library across all devices, including the Web player. Also if you have a friend from your region who listens to Spotify and has recently changed their country settings, could you ask them if they're experiencing the same? This will help us determine if it is an account issue.

Also on another note, if you go to the New Releases section and you keep scrolling down, you'll find the releases of previous months too. It won't just show the new ones.

Hope you find thins info useful 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

"Also on another note, if you go to the New Releases section and you keep scrolling down, you'll find the releases of previous months too. It won't just show the new ones."

Actually no, there's no content under New Releases, as per the thread title. Aside from the two playlists, there's no albums under New Releases --> New Albums & Singles. Nothing has been added there these past two months, since I created the account.

The Release Radar playlist gets updated regularly. So does the New Music Friday playlist.

Hi Alex,

I would kindly ask you to please, pleaaase check my previous discussion history with your support team on this thread, I already addressed all of the "solutions" you proposed, none of them are adequate. So, let's go at it once more:

What you see in this section of the Library varies depending on your location like @Joel-M said. If you are in a country Spotify recently launched in, like in the case of @ShaiHulud, the section should update soon. In the meanwhile you can keep the app updated and listen to music regularly, liking songs etc. as this helps the algorithm generate recommendations faster and with more accuracy.

Not true. All the content that I want to see in the "New albums & singles" is available to me already. So I can listen to new music if I search it manually or if I find it in some playlist like "New Music Friday" or "Your Release Radar", however that same music isn't appearing in the "Browse > New releases > New albums & singles" section. I am providing screenshots below. Furthermore, this issue has been persistent for more than 2 months and I highly, highly doubt it takes the algorithm that much to display more than 2 random k-pop albums that are listed for me, for no reason, because I have never never ever listened to k-pop! I have been listening to music, adding it to playlists and liking it for months and it still won't list any other albums than 2 k-pop albums that you can see in the screenshots?

Screenshot_20200715-092006.pngCapture.PNG

@TimeAmpala, thanks for sharing your troubleshooting with us. Bear in mind that your section not updating might have something to do with country specific restrictions/licensing. Some albums might get released on a later date. We'd also like to ask you if you can check whether you get the same recommendations in your Library across all devices, including the Web player. Also if you have a friend from your region who listens to Spotify and has recently changed their country settings, could you ask them if they're experiencing the same? This will help us determine if it is an account issue.

Again, this is not a licensing and regulations limitations issue because I already have all that music available, I can listen to it if I go to manually search it or find it in existing playlists, but I don't want to do that, I want that newly released Friday music to appear to me every Friday, like it used to before, when I go to Browse > New releases > New albums & singles section. Like I already mentioned in previous replies which you didn't read, this issue is persistent on all my devices, on my mobile app, on my Windows Store Spotify app and on the Spotify Web Client. Before you suggest needlessly, I have already tried logging off from all devices and apps and clearing app data/cache, browser history/cache/cookies and reinstalling the apps on the desktop and mobile devices. My friends that have country set to Croatia since Spotify became available in Croatia don't have this issue. I also have country set to Croatia, but I seem to have this issue.

Also on another note, if you go to the New Releases section and you keep scrolling down, you'll find the releases of previous months too. It won't just show the new ones.

I. Can't. Scroll. Down. That's the entire point. That's the issue I've been reporting the entire time. I can't scroll down because there are only 2 random k-pop albums displayed, no other albums are visible there so there's nothing to scroll further down to.

Please please please read all my other replies, let's stop running in circles and escalate this issue to your development/coding team so they can check on the back-end what the issue is.

Suggested posts