Device

iPhone XR, MacBook Pro 2017

Operating System

iOS 13.6, macOS 10.15.5

My Question or Issue

I have no content under New Releases. There are two sections:

1. 'The best new releases', which has one playlist titled 'New Music Friday'
  2. 'New albums & singles', which has NO content

I experience the same problem on the iOS app, the macOS app, and on the Spotify web player.

29 Replies
Highlighted

Re: No content under 'New Releases' across all apps on my account

Rising Star 18
Rising Star 18
Hi There. Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Can you try several of the steps below?

Step 1: Log out and in (everywhere)
Step 2: Uninstall and reinstall Spotify
Step 3: Clean reinstall Spotify Link:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p...

Step 4: Contact info. Link:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/?_ga=2.42205862.246974634.1565949570-2085700887.1565949570

It redirects to the About Page > Option 3 - Offers the Contact Form and Option 4 - Points folks to @SpotifyCares on Twitter who are happy to help

Hope some of these steps help.
Joel-MRising Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Regular

Thanks for your help, @Joelman719!

After the previous steps didn't work, I contacted Spotify Support (Step 4) and got the help I needed.

Basically, what they told me is that the New Releases section is empty because my account is new. Therefore, I have to wait for a week or two, while actively listening to music, before my New Releases section gets populated with relevant music.

I'll try to follow up here with an update. 

Highlighted

Gig Goer

This is not an adequate answer! I have an account that I've used for years and I have the same problem of "New releases" section showing only 2 k-pop albums (I don't ever listen to k-pop).

Highlighted

Gig Goer
STILL NOT FIXED, DAMN
Highlighted

Rising Star 18
Rising Star 18

Hey @LucianLekaj,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. So I finally went to my own Spotify account and went to "Made For You," and it looks like "New Releases" has been deleted in the recent Spotify updates. Hmm. 🤔 Weird.

I looked at my mobile device too, and it also disappeared. But don't worry, Spotify just changed the name of the title above the playlist. Everything stays the same, but they just changed the name of the playlist.

To see it go to "Made for you" then go down until you see "Discover New Music." From there, you can see "Release Radar" and "Discover Weekly," and I think "New Releases" was removed, and now it is changed to "Discover New Music."

Again don't worry. This isn't a big update; Spotify just changed the title's name, and everything else stays the same. 

I hope this cleared up some confusion. Have a wonderful Saturday.

Joel-MRising Star 18
Highlighted

Gig Goer
No ❤️ the section "New albums and singles" isn't deleted, it's still there.
The sections you mention were there to begin with.
Highlighted

Rising Star 18
Rising Star 18

Hey @LucianLekaj,

So can you specifically tell me what is missing? I would appreciate it very much. Thanks you.

Joel-MRising Star 18
Highlighted

Gig Goer

Hey @Joel-M,

Capture.PNG

I attached a photo with the issue circled in red in the Spotify desktop app (updated to latest version), to be as clear as possible.

The issue is that the "Browse > New releases > New albums and singles" section is only showing 2 k-pop albums that are months old, and isn't showing new content every Friday like it's supposed to. I don't even listen to k-pop! I never have!

This is not an issue caused by licensing and regulation limits due to country settings, as all the music is available for me to listen and find through playlists and manual search, but it's no longer appearing in the "New albums and singles" section for some unknown reason. It's not an app-specific error as the same issue persists through Spotify Android app, Spotify desktop app, Spotify Windows 10 Store version app and Spotify web client. I tried logging out of all the sessions, deleting data of all the apps and reinstalling all of them and that doesn't fix the issue. I have premium subscription. It must be a code/server-related issue and I'm begging yall to fix it.

Capture.PNG
Highlighted

Rising Star 18
Rising Star 18

Hey guys.

Thanks for reaching out, so I might have a solution to this problem. If you don't see your New Releases, it could be the country your set to. You see, New Releases only works on Specific Countries. So the country your account may be set to may not work due to the New Releases not being available yet in your country.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you create a new account and transfer your playlist to your new account.

Also, may I specifically ask what Country your user account to set to? Both @LucianLekaj and @theShaiHulud.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about this, and we're always here to help your with your issues. Please let me know if you have any questions or issues regarding this message.

Have a wonderful day, both of you.

Joel-MRising Star 18
SUGGESTED POSTS