Free

Country

UK

Device

PC, iPod Touch

Operating System

iOS 10, Windows 10

Question or Issue

Early in November I received an invitation to listen to a playlist and then complete a survey, one week after which I would supposedly be sent a gift card. It's now two weeks since completing the survey and nothing has turned up.

Possibly something somewhere went wrong - the survey I completed certainly didn't seem to have much to do with the playlist I was asked to listen to - but I thought I'd ask Spotify if they know if I should be expecting a gift voucher or not.

Is the voucher just slow to arrive, did I complete the survey incorrectly, was it a scam? I have no idea at this point. Can you shed any light on this?

21 Replies

Hey @Richard999, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'd be glad to take a look at this for you. 

Did you receive the invitation by email? If not, where did you get this invitation exactly? 

Also, can you send me a screenshot of the invitation if it was received by email, and let me know what the sender's email address is. 

Keep me posted. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, I got the invite via email. The email's address was **bleep**'ve attached screengrabs (I've blanked out my email address). I couldn't fit the whole email on the screen, so I've cut-off the bottom. If you need grabs of that I'll add those if/when requested. 

Thanks.

I had the same problem.how long is it going to take to get the gift card?

Hey Buddy, I'm happy to look into this for you some more. Also, make sure to check the email address make sure it's From the official Spotify Email Also You can Contact Spotify Here 

Also, Read more about Spotify Emails (What they Ask What They Don't Here)

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/suspicious-email/

The World is a Scary Place But don't worry the Spotify Community is one post away!

- Ben

Like my post, if you Like it! 🙂

Hey @Richard999,

Just so you’re aware I’ve removed your screenshots from this post as it contained some personal information in the footer.

I can confirm these are genuine emails and part of a test Spotify are currently running 

As you’ve received all 2 emails and completed the survey it can take up to a week for a gift card to be issued. Could you double check your Junk/Spam to make sure it’s not accidentally got stuck in there, if not drop me a reply and I’ll see what next steps we can take to get this sorted!

@Abdullah1231 - Hey! I see your reply too, did you get the first email asking you to listen to a playlist and then a second one to complete the survey, if so when did you complete the survey? If you didn’t get an email asking you to complete a survey then unfortunately you weren’t chosen to take part in the research any further.

Thanks.

Yh I got the email for the survey on 4 th of November and completed it the same day , it said I would receive the gift card 1 week after completion and now it has been 2 weeks

@Abdullah1231 - Could you double check your Spam/Junk for me? I've in the meantime raised this with the correct teams to see if they have any information on what could be happening here. 

I’ve double checked my junk box

Thanks for removing the screenshots, Ethan.

And yes, I've checked my folders, nothing there.

Awesome, thanks both I've passed this across to the right teams at Spotify to get some further guidance on what we need to do next, I'll drop a reply as soon as they have given me an update! 🙂

Hey Both,

I’ve checked this out with the right teams, as long as you’ve completed the steps and the survey, you should definitely get a contact within the next few weeks regarding your gift card. Sometimes the team need to verify a few extra things, just double check everything has been entered correctly giving them chance to send it back if they need any clarifications and then get this sent out to you.

Keep an eye on your inbox over the next few weeks, if you’ve not seen anything by the week of the 30th of November let me know and I’ll try to do a bit more digging! 🙂

Hi I know it’s a few days till 30th November but I am curious about what happened/if there has been any development as I have seen many other with the same issue of completing the survey but not receiving the gift card

Well, I got the email telling me Spotify had sent me my £10 reward, in which there was a link to Tremendous.com where I could choose how I wanted to be paid (various gift cards or a straight PayPal deposit). I selected PayPal. Tremendous told me that the £10 should be available in my account within 1 day. That was yesterday morning.

No £10 deposit has arrived in my PayPal account. The email address I gave them was correct, so no issue there. I have emailed Tremendous' help email address to tell them of my problem. No reply so far.

So I don't know what to do now or who to contact. 😞

Hi @Abdullah1231,

The team who working on this provided the previous information that I provided. Looking at some of the posts on this thread people are beginning to see these come through, if you could allow a little longer that would be great! 

Hey @Richard999

Could you keep an eye on your inbox for a reply from Tremendous, I would expect your email is in a queue with them and they’ll be in touch ASAP keeping in mind a lot of people are probably using their services during the holiday period we’re in. If you haven’t had a reply by the start of next week, I’ll pass the information back across to the right folks for an update. 

Tremendous replied to my email today, and the money is now in my PayPal account. So all good.

Thanks for the update @Richard999
Have an awesome holiday season! 🎄

Hi that is good to here unfortunately I’m still waiting for my gift card

Hi there @Abdullah1231

We are aware of the delay, and know that this waiting must be frustrating. Not to worry, if you've completed the survey your voucher should arrive within a week, or two at most after sending it. 

Thanks for your patience 🙂

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I understand this but it has been over a month since I originally sent the survey and have not received anything (I already have checked junk folder)

Suggested posts