Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No longer able to search for my profile

Solved!

No longer able to search for my profile

Hi community,

I use premium and have for a long time been able to just search my profile name in the search bar on all kinds of platforms. For instance on my friends phone at a party. But about a couple of months ago i could not find my profile anywhere. I googled and tried the spotify:user:[their username] but to no use. My account has not been connected to facebook and I want it to stay that way 🙂

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @the_rocketman.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this 🙂

That's odd! Could you let us know which device you've tried to search for your profile on?

Also, do you mind heading here and checking your username, and then searching for it in Spotify using the format spotify:user:[username]?

Keep us posted 😉

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @the_rocketman.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this 🙂

That's odd! Could you let us know which device you've tried to search for your profile on?

Also, do you mind heading here and checking your username, and then searching for it in Spotify using the format spotify:user:[username]?

Keep us posted 😉

Well, my username is just "the_rocketman" and I tried the username again to no use. The devices I've tried to search on is a long list: on a macbook air, a window 10 pc, three or four android based phones, an iPhone 9 and 10 and some i do not remember. I might also add this problem occurred after I had changed some things in my account settings. Think I did something in my privacy settings but I thought I reverted them all. I have checked some settings again but can't find anything that would result in my username to be hidden. 

Thanks for the help btw

Hey @the_rocketman.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We've tried searching for your profile and it seems to be appearing as expected in the app.

Just so we can narrow down the issue:

• when you search for a specific user using user:spotify:[username], does their profile appear in the app?
  • are other users able to find your profile when they search for it from their own accounts?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply so we can help you out with this.

Interesting that you found my profile, because when either I or my friends search (using our respective accounts) the only profile that pop up is the_rocketman-sv or something like that. That is not my profile. Strangely, I tried to use the spotify:user:[] thing on some other profiles I knew and nothing showed up. I could search for them normaly but not the tag or what you call it.

Thanks!

Hey @the_rocketman.

Thanks for getting back to us and trying that out.

We tried testing this specifically on a Swedish account, and typing in 'spotify:user:the_rocketman' on desktop and on mobile both bring up your profile.

Do you mind asking your friends to try this out on several different devices, making sure that all the letters are lower-case, including 'spotify'?

Keep us posted 🙂

Wow ok... I have done some programming but not much and we use the [] signs all the time. So I thought i had to include them in the spotify:user... I did what you did and found my profile. On the other hand why is it neccesary to use spotify:user:"their username" instead of just searching for it? And why did it work before? (Just typing in the name of my profile i.e.) did something change?

Hey @the_rocketman.

Thanks for trying that out - glad to hear that it finally worked 🙂

We don't quite know why it doesn't work when you just enter your username without 'spotify:user', but we suggest that you just use that from now on to find yours and other users' profiles.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

Suggested posts