Announcements

No longer receiving emails for New Music Notifications

Re: No longer receiving emails for New Music Notifications

brandontory
Casual Listener

As both a listener and an artist, I'm not understanding the change. Now when I follow someone I don't get alerted when they drop new music. And when I drop new music, my Spotify fans have no way of knowing without some other platform. What's the point of that?

mighty-g
Visitor
Are there any news regarding this topic?
I also don't receive any notification (mail and push).

Mihail

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out. Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

The way notifications work is currently being looked into and ironed out. Because of this they might appear differently and reach different users. The reason for this is that we're constantly running tests in order to provide you with the best music experience possible.

In the meantime, although this isn't exclusively artists you follow, we'd recommend checking out the 'New releases for you' section under Search > Discover. It's a good idea to also keep an eye on your Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists to discover new tunes. You can reach them also via the Discover section.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
SUGGESTED POSTS