No more 'new release' notifications for followed artists

Solved!

No more 'new release' notifications for followed artists

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

My Question or Issue

I used to received one mail per week with new releases from artists I'm following. Since December I don't get those mails any more.

I've checked my accout notification parameter, this box is still checked for mails.

Why don't I receive mails any more ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well it seems that this feature is no more. Replaced by a playlist 'Releases radar' that updates itself every week.

No notice from Spotify about this update. As usual.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there!

I've done some research into your issue, and here are two main steps you can take in order to try to resolve it.

1. Check your mailing list. Double check your notifications are being sent to the right email adress.

2. Check out this article I have linked below. A Spotify Community Manager resolved the issue for another Spotify user, and gave some other reasons why it may be doing this.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Not-receiving-notifications-of-ANY-ne...

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

BK

Well, it's new year and not so many albums uppear on this period om Spotify. Even Spotify's NEW MUSIC FRIDAY's playlist coming very late. Shortly, how can you get 'New Release' notifications for followed artists when they did not made anything "new"

Well, I've received no mail for more than 30 days, then I receive a mail right after I wrote this topic...

I also notice that the format has changed: now the mail comes from the 'Release radar' and a playlist is automatically created, with the new releases. Maybe this new system has encountered some flaws during its first week.

Answering LlukKas: I can understand that artists don't release much during December. Though going abruptly from 5+ release per week to zero release during 5 weeks looks more like a bug to me.

We'll see during the next week how frequently I receive mails.

Marked as solution

Well it seems that this feature is no more. Replaced by a playlist 'Releases radar' that updates itself every week.

No notice from Spotify about this update. As usual.

The Companion For Spotify program does a pretty good job of finding new releases for you, based on the artists that you follow. Available on Android and Windows. Give it a try to get more new releases than Release Radar provides!
https://mlpsoftwarellc.com/CompanionForSpotify/
Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Thank you djmikeystrange but this soft requires Windows 10 and I'd like to stay on Windows 7.

Hey There. That Seems Od. 
Sorry About that It Looks Like this Been Solved already but if you need any help remember the Spotify Community is one post away 

- Ben 🙂

Suggested posts