Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No notifications for Collaborative Playlist changes by Family Members

Solved!

No notifications for Collaborative Playlist changes by Family Members

Steps to replicate: 

1. Create a new playlist

2. Make it collaborative.

3. Send the link to a Spotify member who is on your Family Plan, who follows the playlist now.

4. Add a song to the playlist.

5. The other members who are following do not get emails or notifications about additions.

Previously, when the same users were not part of the same Family Plan, each would receive notifications of additions to the playlist.

Desired behavior:

Playlist followers should get notifications regardless of the plan membership.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Doesn't seem like they care

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hello @prinzmaus

Could you have a look over here for me and see if all the correct notification settings are selected?

I hope to hear back from you soon! 🙂

All notifications are on for both device/mobile and email.

@prinzmaus

Ok i shall escalate the issue and see if Someone  else maybe has a solution to your problem 🙂

Hi, @prinzmaus!

Can you test something for us?

1. Share a collaborative playlist with a friend (who's not a member of your Family plan).

2. Ask your friend to add a few songs to the playlist.

3. Check if you get any notifications at all.

Please let us know and we'll investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Teresa

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

I shared a collaborative playlist with a non family member. He followed and I received an email saying he is following. He added four tracks. I received no notifications

Hey @prinzmaus,

Thanks for all the information provided.

We'll pass it on to the right team so they can take a look into it.

We're always working on ways to improve the way Notifications work and to make new added tracks more visual.

Hopefully we'll have some good news soon.

Thanks!

I have the same exact problem. It persists.
I have all notifications enabled, but lately I I've been receiving notifications only on new releases, never on tracks added to collaborative playlists or public playlists I follow.
Thanks

Any update on this? I haven't received notifications on other's playlists for ages now. It really diminishes the social aspect of playlists, something that would distinguish Spotify from Apple Music in significant ways.

Kind regards,

-matt

This quite old with no resolution that I can find anyway. Updates?

No change. I get no email notifications, and inconsistent Push Notifications. I use almost all of the the email notifications below, all of them are enabled. I do not get the notifications.

My favorite thing to do is make collaborative playlists with my GF. I do not get any emails when she follows the playlist nor when she adds anything to it. I used to love these emails. I get an inbox notification that she subscribes, but no push notification for it. And no messages at all for any changes that she makes to the playlist.

IMG_0270.PNG

Spotify? Is anyone going to fix this?
Marked as solution

Doesn't seem like they care

No update. Seems like Spotify has removed a lot if not all of this form of communication within Spotify. I am considering writing my own method for this using the API. It sucks because it was a great way to connect with my family and friends over music.

It would be great to be able to get notifications about when people contribute a new song to a collaborative playlist! 

- Spotify - from looking at other post suggestions seems this idea has been floating around for some time (since 2012) and numerous times suggested since then but not linked up. Would be great if this could be picked up - could really promote more sharing and widening of listening content! 

Look forward to hearing back from you, thanks!

Katherine

Suggested posts