Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No notifications

Solved!

No notifications

Hello,

for about a week now, i didn't get any notification (new Songs or updated Playlists..) 
Before that i got about 10 every day, so that is not the problem. 

Also 1 playlist I follow, has new songs in it, but i still don't get any notification about that?

Thanks for your help 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There's no chance of that; they limited notifications to 20 a month or so back. And even though you might get an alert showing there's more than that - like I did the other day -  you'll still be limited to 20.

Follow me

View solution in original post

26 Replies

Problem here, too; thought it was just me. The last new music notifications I received from artists I follow was 11 days ago. Been in conversation with @SpotifyCares about it; they performed some maintenance on my account but that didn't work. Then they said they're going to investigate further. Would suggest you contact them too as there's obviously some problem somewhere.

Follow me

I also have this problem. I'm so alone without a single notification in week!

Oh wait, I also escalate this to staff. Many thanks.

There is problem, feature will be fixed soon.

I was receiving consistent notifications up until about two weeks ago, both by email and via the notifications button in the Windows desktop app (last notification was Turnari by Agricantus, 17 days ago). Since then I haven't had any, even though Spotify has added new releases by artists I follow (The D Project and Peter Murphy's new single this week, for example).

This thread is marked as "solved" but the problem is not yet fixed. Just wanted to add my three cents worth. Hopefully a new update (soon!) will really solve this.

Cheers!

for me as well the issue is not solved at all!

Can confirm it is still broken, hang in there the Spotify guys are still looking into it.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Works fine now for all?! My email notifications from Spotify keeps on coming like they did before the 23rd of may now since yesterday.

That is good news!

But! Still the notifications that shows up on my mail are more than the notifications that shows up on my homecomputers spotify.

And many times the notifications unfortunately consists of "old" albums that has been on Spotify for some time? Does Spotify send so called promotion notifications to those who follow artists?

Spotify will notify you anytime any "new" content is added for an artist, but in some cases if old albums have previously been missing, or if the album has been removed and re-added by the label (which happens if they are correcting content), you get a notification to say they have been added (even though it is essentially "old" content).

Peter

It's a good thing that the notifications are back on track.

But can we hope to get all the notifications we've missed during 3 weeks? It would be really great.

Marked as solution

There's no chance of that; they limited notifications to 20 a month or so back. And even though you might get an alert showing there's more than that - like I did the other day -  you'll still be limited to 20.

Follow me

Is that 20 notifications overall or 20 for new content? I will have to keep count but I swear I get more than that.

Peter

That's notifications of new content from artists you follow. I first noticed it last month when I was away for three days and had 58  notifications showing on my return but was only able to access 20.  @SpotifyCares confirmed that notifications of new content are now limited to your latest 20.

Follow me

I still don't recieve the notifications as i used to.

For exemple:
I recieved a " album is out now" notification on my phone, but nothing happens on my desktop... it doesn't show a single notification.
I mean, if we have the option to "follow" an artist it would be good if that function acctually worked =/

I've noticed that I generally have to shut Spotify down and restart it for new notifications to show up in the PC app. I get them via email okay, but there's definitely a delay or other blockage occurring on the desktop.

On the positive side, the links from the emails launch the albums in the PC app just fine. However, I have occassionally had issues with new albums I've been notified about via email not being found when I try to play them.

A particuarly curious one was the new Boris album "Noise" which launched and played okay, but which also produced an "album not found" error when I tried to click on the album name link! I saved it to my playlist, but can't actually access the album page itself.

Yeah, i noticed that too... but i usually leave my computer on for days and it's really annoying that we have to turn spotify Off and On again just so it can show the notifications...

i really hope they can fix that very soon. It doesn't seem like rocket science (not that i understand a thing about it hahaha)

One of the community rock stars @MattSuda is on the case of notifications, so hopefully Spotify can investigate this a little further.

Peter

Well, this is back -- the last notification I received was 15 days ago. What do I need to do to get notifications again?

@MattSuda is still working on troubleshooting this issue behind the scenes. Fingers crossed there will be a solution soon.

Peter

Suggested posts