No notifications

Solved!

Re: No notifications

Coli
Music Fan

It's a good thing that the notifications are back on track.

But can we hope to get all the notifications we've missed during 3 weeks? It would be really great.

Solution!

gareth8
Roadie

There's no chance of that; they limited notifications to 20 a month or so back. And even though you might get an alert showing there's more than that - like I did the other day -  you'll still be limited to 20.

Follow me

View solution in original post

Peter__
Community Legend
Is that 20 notifications overall or 20 for new content? I will have to keep count but I swear I get more than that.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

gareth8
Roadie

That's notifications of new content from artists you follow. I first noticed it last month when I was away for three days and had 58  notifications showing on my return but was only able to access 20.  @SpotifyCares confirmed that notifications of new content are now limited to your latest 20.

Follow me

rafaguerra88
Regular

I still don't recieve the notifications as i used to.

For exemple:
I recieved a " album is out now" notification on my phone, but nothing happens on my desktop... it doesn't show a single notification.
I mean, if we have the option to "follow" an artist it would be good if that function acctually worked =/

scotjohns
Casual Listener

I've noticed that I generally have to shut Spotify down and restart it for new notifications to show up in the PC app. I get them via email okay, but there's definitely a delay or other blockage occurring on the desktop.

On the positive side, the links from the emails launch the albums in the PC app just fine. However, I have occassionally had issues with new albums I've been notified about via email not being found when I try to play them.

A particuarly curious one was the new Boris album "Noise" which launched and played okay, but which also produced an "album not found" error when I tried to click on the album name link! I saved it to my playlist, but can't actually access the album page itself.

rafaguerra88
Regular

Yeah, i noticed that too... but i usually leave my computer on for days and it's really annoying that we have to turn spotify Off and On again just so it can show the notifications...

i really hope they can fix that very soon. It doesn't seem like rocket science (not that i understand a thing about it hahaha)

Peter__
Community Legend
One of the community rock stars @MattSuda is on the case of notifications, so hopefully Spotify can investigate this a little further.

Peter

boxeegrrrl
Roadie

Well, this is back -- the last notification I received was 15 days ago. What do I need to do to get notifications again?

Peter__
Community Legend
@MattSuda is still working on troubleshooting this issue behind the scenes. Fingers crossed there will be a solution soon.

Peter

SUGGESTED POSTS