Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No option to change display name

No option to change display name

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

IOS 13

My Question or Issue

My issue is that there's no option to change my display name. I followed the steps to change it but there is no "Edit Profile" which is replaced with "Find Friends" I've tried on my phone and PC but I can't find a way to actually change the display name.

5 Replies

Hi there @Alloux,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

As this option was recently added, i recommend you perform a clean reinstall of your app following the steps provided on this Spotify answer.

This will insure that you're using the latest version of the app with all changes made on it.

Then, follow the steps provided here and change your display name.

Hope this'll help.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I followed the clean reinstall and did as told but it still doesn't give me the option of changing the display name.

Hi @Alloux,

There a few more things we can try for better indication : 

- Try logging in with your account on a friend's/ family member's device to see if you get the option there

- Logging out > restarting their device > logging back in

Please also kindly share your Spotify version.

Waiting on your update 🙂

ok so im sorry if this turns up in the thread but idek how to flipping post a new q on this forum smh. i have several complaints w spotify and its rlly annoying me. 

1. i tried using the web app and none of the play buttons would flipping work smh. reloading it kept it stuck in some useless loading suspension. so i downloaded the thingy app which i didnt wanna do cos i dont have too much space on my laptop smh.
2. connections on discord. i linked my spotify account to it but when it shows on my profile, it says my real name, and i dont like that >:(( and thats the display name, right? i dont remember ever setting it as my name or linking my fb like i read somewhere smh. and on pc, there is no flipping option to change display name, it only says how to do it on flipping mobile. also what is my pfp?? ._.
3. also because i had to download it smh, i have to deal w these flipping ads cos in the web app i can use my flipping ad blocker just like i do on yt T^T and like ye you can skip it but its flipping annoying smh
4. even on this flipping forum smh, idk if its independent of spotify or not,, but to even get to the flipping email verification wouldnt send smh and there is no clear option to post a new issue i was like wth how am i supposed to even asskkk
ig 4 doenst matter cos i fimally got it smh
BUT STILL

PLS

;-;

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

We'd suggest you delete the cache of the browser. Sometimes it can lead to different issues. If that doesn't help, you can try with another browser. Does the issue persist?

Regarding the verification email, it's a good idea to also check your Spam and Junk folders, as well as any other filtered folders.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts