Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No option to change password

No option to change password

I know I chose to NOT link my Facebook with Spotify so I created, and sign in with, my Spotify details. All I want to do is change my Spotify password. I've logged out from the computer and from my iPhone. I go to "Log In" and choose Spotify details. I experimented and chose "Forgot password", typed in my Spotify username, and the darn thing told me I was using my Facebook credentials. NO. I've looked in My Profile, Account, and even my Subscription but nowhere is there an option to change my password. 

3 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You can change your password from your online profile at the bottom of the page as long as you are logging in using your Spotify username and password (not your email address since that will use Facebook). 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No. I can't. I've got screenshots but I guess I can't paste them in this reply. There is absolutely no option available to me to change my password. I thought it might also be that I have my Spotify details saved in my 1Password program so I deleted that and manually signed in. No luck. 

I think what might be the problem is that I had a free account that I changed to a subscription account. I believe this might be the problem because once I'm signed in - using my Spotify username and password - my FACEBOOK name & avatar pop up. So I've email customer service hoping for a solution. Even so, I DID go to Facebook - AND THERE WAS NO SPOTIFY ANYWHERE ON MY ACCOUNT. 

The only thing that is the same is my e-mail address. The password for fb and spotify are totally different. I dunno. what a mess

i'm having a problem getting a password sent to my email. i get other emails from customer support, but no password reset!

Suggested posts