Free

Country

Italy

Device

Huawei MYA-L-11

Operating System

Android 6.0

My Question or Issue

I abandoned my spotify account about 1 year ago or before, today through google I get an email saying that someone from the other side of the world (USA) got access to my spotify, now to begin fixing the issue i change the password, disconnect the account from all devices, install spotify, and try to delete my account, to my surpise it is impossible, following the instruction I see it is required to contact their support, I try to do what they say, but a red messagebox tells me it is not possible because of the covid19, now why can't I delete this account on my own like almost 100% of other accounts? I have to contact someone who cannot be contacted instead, in the meanwhile a stranger took advantage of this account, i should be able to delete it at least...

1 Reply

Hey @Alesskyrim2001, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you haven't gotten in touch with Spotify about your account taken over, then I'd recommend following these steps. Since you seemed to follow most of the steps which are great, skip to Step 2. If you see the notice again, you should be able to proceed after clicking "X" at the top right-hand corner - since this needs to be taken care of by Spotify.

If you're sure you want to close your account, keep in mind that:

• Your username can’t be used with Spotify again.
  • You won't have access to your playlists, followers, and everything saved in Your Library.
  • If you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to another account until 12-months have elapsed since you signed up for it.

If you're sure you want to close your account after the points above, then please follow the steps in this Spotify Answer

I hope this helps! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts