Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No service

No service

Have just joined spotify on unlimited service but it will not let me play any songs, apparently the streaming is only available to premium subscribers! I have tried re logging in, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but still nothing works. Nothing on faqs covers this so absolutely frustrated. Can anyone help? At the moment I have cancelled my subscription but have effectively paid for a month of nothing. If I could just get it going I would probably stick with it!
3 Replies

Hey there Richard! 

Apologies, but as stated in the Services Page on Spotify.com, The only way you can get streaming on your Mobile Device is if you subscribe to Spotify Premium. 

Best. -Grayson

-----------------------------------------------------------
Remember here in the community we can't assist with most account-related issues. Submit a support form and awesome support agents will assist ASAP: http://spoti.fi/pjlOST

But I've logged on using an iPad. Does that count as a mobile device? Why did it work on the iPad in the free trial? Can I now upgrade without paying twice (I have already given notice of cancellation)

Hi Richard76- The reason you were able to use your iPad during the trial is because your account was on Premium for those 48 hours. 

As Grayson pointed out, you're now on Unlimited which is why you can't stream. You can upgrade from your subscription page quite easily. 

Your Premium status will start immediately when you upgrade, but you will not be charged at that point. Instead, the remaining Unlimited subscription time will be halved and given to you as Premium.

This means that your renewal date will be brought forward to a new date. When your converted subscription time has expired you will be charged 9.99. 

Suggested posts