Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No way to thumbs down things in Daily Mix?

Solved!

No way to thumbs down things in Daily Mix?

Premium/Android/Windows 10/USA

I can't remove specific songs from my Daily Mix? I only have the option to remove the entire mix from my library. I can't find a way to remove artist, I know I've seen "never play this artist" before. I just really don't want Dan Deacon in my playlists anymore. I even went to the artist page to see if there was a way to keep it away. I can give things hearts and that's it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @philshere

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

The icon_no.png button is currently available in Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists. 

Each of your Daily Mixes includes songs that you regularly listen to and some recommendations based on your listening habits. Your Daily Mixes update every day. 

Currently this button is not a part of Daily Mix playlists. However, you can always use the heart button icon_heart.png on the songs you enjoy! 

If you want to block selected artists:

• Open Spotify on your mobile app,
  • Go to artist's profile,
  • Click the three-dot menu, 
  • Click icon_no.png Don't play this artist. 

You can also make sure you're not following the artists that you don't want to hear. 

I hope it helps!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @philshere

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

The icon_no.png button is currently available in Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists. 

Each of your Daily Mixes includes songs that you regularly listen to and some recommendations based on your listening habits. Your Daily Mixes update every day. 

Currently this button is not a part of Daily Mix playlists. However, you can always use the heart button icon_heart.png on the songs you enjoy! 

If you want to block selected artists:

• Open Spotify on your mobile app,
  • Go to artist's profile,
  • Click the three-dot menu, 
  • Click icon_no.png Don't play this artist. 

You can also make sure you're not following the artists that you don't want to hear. 

I hope it helps!

You have to a lot of things to get rid of all the annoying stuff. Just Don 't offer it unless  asked!!! your answer is completly the other way round. Simply do not harress people with  unwanted **bleep**! The way you write looks as if its their own fault. 

This solution sucks. My daily mix is playing music I've never heard before and some of it is terrible but I can't get rid of it.

Seem spotify just answers what is possible to do in the software right now. They are not interested in feedback and feature requests. Shady stuff going on in this company.

Your solution is usesless Emilia.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

If you think any other solution will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yeah this is really annoying and also potentially really harmful. The bare minimum is that you should be able to block songs from ever showing up. Some songs can be traumatic or thumbnail images can be disturbing or inappropriate, or just make you uncomfortable. And you shouldn’t have to deal with constantly seeing it show up in every mix.

Suggested posts