Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

None of my playlists will play; but radio does

None of my playlists will play; but radio does

Description

For the last week or so, I can't get any of the music in my playlists or any of the playlists that I follow to play. When a track is highlighted, all of the ways to make it play are greyed out, you can't make it play by double clicking, nor by pressing the play triangel icon inthe lower left, nor by pressing play in the drop-downmenu from the top menu bar. I've attached a screen shot of this issue below.

However, I can play all the streaming radio that I want. 

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. Re-started spotify and the computer

2. Un-installed Spotify

3. Re-Installed Spotify

** I've also searched help extensively on the forums, but don't see anyone with a similar issue

What I expected to happen

I thought that when I re-installed it the issue would be fixed, but it's not at all

What actually happened

It is STILL doing the thing I described up above

My Operating System

Mac OS X 10.7.5

My Spotify version

Version 0.9.0.133gd18ed589

My internet provider and country

Comcast Chicago IL, USA

My username

I usually use FaceBook to sign in, but this is copied from my overview:

Username: 121366089

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

Screen Shot 2013-05-12 at 4.33.54 PM.png

8 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Do you get any error messages or anything? 

Also, when you reinstaled did you manually remove the files outlined in this guide

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter-

I don't get any error messages, and yes I followed the un-install intructions precisely. 

Does toggling offline mode in File > Offline Mode on and then back off again make any difference? 

Peter

Peter

No, I tried toggling the on/off line button on a few different playlists. It doesn't do anything. 

I also tried the offline mode from the Spotify menu. It didn't change anything either. 

I am really struggling for suggestions here. 

Few common troubleshooting suggestions: 

- Try disabling/enabling your internet connection with Spotify open.

- Make sure your country is correctly set as USA on your online profile (incase you are hitting an abroad limit without an error). 

- Try right clicking a track and selecting "Queue" does it then play? Does it appear in the "Play Queue" on the left? 

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter-

Yes this is very very odd. I use spotify at work and at home and I've had the internet go off and on while it was open, as it's an app that's almost always on, but I will force it to do that again. My country is set to USA. Im not sure if this helps or makes a difference, but when I use spotify on my phone, I can listen to the playlists that I've made available offline. But I can't get them to work on my lap top. Does thta make it seem easier to solve?

And YES! If I right click and put a song in the queue, it WILL play in the queue. But now do I have to move all of my songs there? 😕

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you've had recently.

I've taken a look at your account and everything seems to be working okay at our end.

I think this may have something to do with your sound settings, have you recently changed sound card or started using a new audio device? 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Suggested posts