Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not Getting Advertised Promotional Rate - 99 Cents for Three Months

Solved!

Not Getting Advertised Promotional Rate - 99 Cents for Three Months

When I logged in under my trial on the splash page it showed a promotion for the first three months of premium at 99 cents per month. When I activated premium I did not get the promotional rate. How do I get this fixed? I was charged the normal $9.99 per month.

MODERATOR EDIT:

Hi everyone, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community to reach out with your questions.

As many of you have already posted, the offer for 3 months for .99 USD is available to users that have never had Premium on their account before (via a subscription or a trial). We have more info about this holiday offer here on our FAQ page as well.

Please know we’ve read your comments on this and we’re passing on your feedback around this offer.

If you have had an any further questions about your subscription please get in touch with us via the contact form so we can take a closer look at your account. You’ll then hear from our team shortly, thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi everyone, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community to reach out with your questions.

As many of you have already posted, the offer for 3 months for .99 USD is available to users that have never had Premium on their account before (via a subscription or a trial). We have more info about this holiday offer here on our FAQ page as well.

Please know we’ve read your comments on this and we’re passing on your feedback around this offer.

If you have had an any further questions about your subscription please get in touch with us via the contact form so we can take a closer look at your account. You’ll then hear from our team shortly, thanks!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

So I have literally just signed up for Spotify as I saw the 3 months for $0.99 deal on Facebook.

I have just created an account and clicked Premium deal 3 months for $0.99  and it is saying premium is $11.99 (AUD) I have only created my account today never had Spotify before - seriously this deal and promotion is FAKE!!!!!

View solution in original post

142 Replies

I'm having this problem as well. Wanted to upgrade but it's still saying $9.99 on the payment page even though the front page says 3 months for $0.99

Hello! Please advise. Having same issue as these people (and I am sure many more).

Would like $0.99 rate for 3 months, but the payment page only says $9.99.

Help!?

12-3-2014 9-53-19 AM.png

Same problem, waiting for a solution!

I'm having this problem too. They charged me the usual 9.99. Waiting for a solution.

Same here...

Same for me

Same problem for me. Thanks.

Go check it out now. I charged me 99 cents just now. It might have been because you guys did it a couple hours ago and they must've updated it between then and now. 

@ntpro wrote:

When I logged in under my trial on the splash page it showed a promotion for the first three months of premium at 99 cents per month. When I activated premium I did not get the promotional rate. How do I get this fixed? I was charged the normal $9.99 per month.

Charged 9.99 as well,

Bump

What the hell is this spotify!? I want to get this but am afraid!

Bumping this untill I see people actually making the 0.99$ purchase. For me it also says it's 9.99$.

I too purchased the "0.99" thing and got charged 9.99. I emailed them and they told me it's only for new members that have never had a trial. In my email I had asked for a refund. They just said "you can enjoy the month of premium".

I guess that's a no and I'm pretty mad about it.

Same here (from italy)

This is such a bummer! Same thing happened to me. I knew it sounded too good to be true.

But what makes me the most mad is I'm a student, so if I really wanted spotify premium that bad, I could get the student discount for half off the $9.99. But I figured I'd try this offer out first, and if after the 3 months I decided I wanted premium, I'd get it with the student discount

I'm sad 😞 I hope they fix this

Hey just do what I did: created a new email and account. 

Sure I don't have all my music and playlists but it's worth saving 29 dollars 😄

That's what Spotify gets for not updating the Roku app. EAT IT SPOTIFY.

hey can u give me the link of this promo pls?

Same thing just happened here and charged $9.99 for 1 month.

Same issue for me. It's ridiculous that they only allow "new" premium members to get this offer. They should be responsible for making that more clear. Although a previous user emailed them with no luck, I will still be sending my own email to the company, informing them of my disatisfation.

Man, I can't begin to say how utterly pissed off I am that they didn't bother to say it was for new customers only ANYWHERE on the splash pages or audio ads.  That's very deceitful, IMHO.

I subscribed thinking the promo rate would show up on my bill or in the confirmation e-mail.  Nope. $10.98.  I canceled it before I even played one song but if the charge goes through (it's still pending) I'm disputing the charge.

All Spotify has done for me now is guarantee that I will never subscribe again at any rate, promotional or not, because of this stupidity.  At least I'm not the only one here who fell for this trickery.  

Suggested posts