Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not able to change country even if I'm back in my country

Not able to change country even if I'm back in my country

Hello,

I'm back in my home country after a prolonged period abroad. Now I want to change my country settings back but I'm not able to do it. It doesn't give me any other option in the dropdown except for the last country that I was in. Do I need to wait 14 days before I am able to update my country?

5 Replies

Hey @kathvada,

Thanks for reaching out.

What's the name of your home country?

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I was in the US and now I am back home in the Philippines.

Hey @kathvada.

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you are on Free, you should be able to change your country to the Philippines right now. Keep in mind that you need to be in the Philippines in order to be able to do this. Try a different web-browser or incognito browsing session if it's not working. If you are on Premium you'll need to update your payment info to a Filipino payment method.

Hope it will work. Let us know if it doesn't, or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Hi Guido,

Thank you for replying. Yes I am on a free account and yes I'm here in the Philippines. I am also seeing Philippine advertisements and not the US-based advertisements.

So I tried a different browser and it still doesn't work. There's only one country that shows up on the drop down and it's still the US.

Is there anyone from customer service who could switch my country?

Hey @kathvada.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Try to change the country in an incognito browsing session. Be sure not to use a VPN or proxy and keep in mind that you can't change your country if you are on Premium. In these cases you'll simply need to update your payment details.

If it's still not working. Try to close your account to sign up for a new one.

Hope it will work. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts