Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not able to link to Facebook, obtain list of my friends, etc.

Solved!

Not able to link to Facebook, obtain list of my friends, etc.

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Some time ago I managed to successfully link my Spotify account to my Facebook account. Then, for some reason, Spotify changed the name and surname back to my Spotify login and deleted the avatar. I am not able also to refresh list of FB friends using Spotify. According to many tips in the Help section I tried to unlink and link the accound several times, changing settings in FB panels but without any success. Everytime I click "Find friends" button I receive an error presented below (the error text written in Polish says "Unfortunately, we cannot display information about your friends list".

Is someone already familiar with this issue and managed to resolve it?

spotify.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @darthdvn,

thanks for posting !

Sorry to hear you're having an issue, no worries i'm here to help.

First action you should do is have your Spotify app reinstalled like suggest here.

Then, use this help page to connect the two properly and after both steps are finished please visit your account overview page at Spotify.com and make sure that your "Process my Facebook data" tab is on.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @darthdvn,

thanks for posting !

Sorry to hear you're having an issue, no worries i'm here to help.

First action you should do is have your Spotify app reinstalled like suggest here.

Then, use this help page to connect the two properly and after both steps are finished please visit your account overview page at Spotify.com and make sure that your "Process my Facebook data" tab is on.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi @OneByBoo

Well, it went well. 🙂 Seems like the main issue was disabled "Process my Facebook data" tab. Reinstalling the app also performed but I think this step could have been redundant.

Thanks for your help!

Hey @darthdvn,

thanks for the update!

Glad to hear it all works fine now.

Enjoy Spotify 🙂

Suggested posts