Not available to change email

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Operating System

(Android, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I can't change my email because it's grayed out. I logged out of all devices, logged in via Facebook and nothing helped.

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Did you sign up to Spotify through Facebook? If so, it's not possible to disconnect it. More info about this can be found here.

Could you also try updating your email address following these steps using a different browser or private window?

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I cannot change any information: E-mail, Password, Gender, Date of birth, Country or region. Everything is grayed out. Tried through Chrome, Brave and Microsoft Edge, it didn't work.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for posting.

Keep in mind, that if you've created your account through Facebook the information was imported from there and can't be subsequently changed. As @Billy-J mentioned it's not possible to disconnect such an account from Facebook. As a possible workaround you can create a new one with your email here and transfer your music collection, so nothing gets lost. This Spotify Answer explains how to do this. With such an account you'll be able to edit the information you mentioned. 

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts