Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not logging in despite correct username and password

Not logging in despite correct username and password

I use Spotify on my Mac laptop and Android phone. Today when I opened the apps on both devices I had been logged out of my account. When I enter my username and password, the app appears to login very briefly, before returning to the login page with a message saying "The username or password is incorrect (error code: 3)".

I am certain that the username is the correct one. I have checked it against the list of Spotify user accounts in my Mac laptop's library. I have tried using the password reset with this username, but received no email to my linked email account.

I am also certain that the password used is correct. I tried entering an incorrect password to compare what happened, and I noticed that the app does not login at all and the login page does not disappear. It just displays the same error message.

6 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the community!

This could be happening if your Spotify account was created via Facebook.

Right now, you can only log in to these accounts by clicking the blue "Log in with Facebook" button, instead of just typing your Facebook log in details directly on the Spotify app.

If your account wasn't created via Facebook, let me know and I'll see what to suggest.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I have the same problem! And my account is not created with Facebook

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND I DIDNT CREATE MY ACCOUNT WITH FB AND MY USERNAME IS A BUNCH OF LETTERS AND NUMBERS. 

Hey folks!

If this is happening to accounts that aren't created via Facebook, make sure you're logging in by typing your full email address and password.

If that doesn't do the trick, try resetting your password here before trying again.

Keep me posted.

Ive tried everything. I am being told my account is set to offline I need to go online to login. I'm given the option to Connect or Cancel. I click connect and get nothing. I even went on the website and tried to set my account to online and cannot. I have a 7hr flight tomorrow and really want to listen to my music.

Hey @Grc1976.

Seems like the issue you're having is different to this thread. You can find all the information about this offline issue here.

Cheers.

Suggested posts