Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not receiving e-mail notifications

Not receiving e-mail notifications

I checked my account settings and confirmed that I have the e-mail box checked for

Artist Updates

Hear about artists you listen to and artists we think you’ll like

but I can't remember ever receiving an e-mail update for the many artists I follow in the last three years when they release new music. I think I may have unsubscribed to Spotify e-mails through my e-mail account even though I have the box checked to receive e-mails through my Spotify account.

How can I begin receiving these e-mails again without changing my e-mail address?

Thanks,

Bryan

Capture.JPG
5 Replies

Hi Bryan!
Any chance your emails might be going to a spam or junk folder? Sometimes email servers pickup these kind of subscriptions as junk - depending on how rigorous security settings might be.

I would try searching your email server and if you find anything from Spotify make sure you add them to an approved sender or non-spam flag.

Thanks Bethany! It doesn't appear they're going to spam as I don't see any there.

Ok, that rules that out then. 🙂
I did actually have an issue with receiving my emails last year as I didn't have all my sliders checked. I unchecked/rechecked my preferences on both my mobile and my desktop account settings just to be safe and then started receiving all the emails as normal.

They don't seem to send alot so hopefully once you start receiving they don't get routed to a spam folder. I suggest keeping an eye on it and see if you start receiving anything after resetting your preferences.

Good luck!

Thanks Bethany for your help! It doesn't seem like that's working. Should I be getting an e-mail that says "The Decemberists released a new album" for example whenever that happens?

~ Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Sorry you are still having trouble getting emails. 😞

To be honest, I am not sure what the mailing time frames are or the topics - so it would be hard to track when you might expect to receive an email. 
From personal experience, I only receive a few every so often when something is tailored to my highly streamed artists.
I searched the community for additional info, but couldn't find anything exact. I did come across this older thread  though that may/may not be useful to you - regarding not receiving artist's updates.
All the best! 🙂

Suggested posts