Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not receiving reset password email

Not receiving reset password email

Hello,

I have a friend with a Spotify account unattached to Facebook that she cannot remember the password or attached email for, only the username. She has completed three queries to Spotify support but their only advice is to do the things she's done already: to check the FAQs and these forums. She also checked the spam/junk folders on the email accounts she does have (one of which is probably the one attached to her account) and the email is not in those. She is desperate to get back into her account! 

Can anyone help us out with this issue? We would greatly appreciate it!

The reference number for her latest query to Spotify Support is ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0c0OQk:ref . 

Thanks!

9 Replies

Hi there,

I've just chased this up and can see that the email is in queue and awaiting a response from one of our advisors. Shouldn't be long 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Any solutions to this yet? I am experiencing the same problem.

Hey @krifurulund, welcome to the community!

If your account was set up via Facebook, the password can't be reset. You'll need to update your Facebook password in case you want to update it.

To log into Spotify, you just have to click the blue "Log in with Facebook" button. You'll see a pop-up to enter your Facebook log in details there. If you're already logged into your Facebook profile on the device you're trying to use, the validation will be done automatically.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I just signed up for spotify premium with my email (not facebook) and my username is random letters and numbers.

How can I change it?

Nevermind! I had to make a username to post this. 

Thank you for your answer! It turned out my daughter had the wrong username. So probably someone else received a lot of "reset password"-e-mail.... ;-).

@krifurulund Thanks for getting back with this info!

Just to confirm, was she able to reset the password already?

If the email address on the account was updated without her permission, I suggest following the steps here.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Yes, once we found the correct username, we also got the "reset password" e-mail.

Good to know, @krifurulund!

If you ever get stuck again, feel free to create a new thread with the title of your issue. We'll be right there 🙂

Suggested posts