Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not receiving reset password email

Solved!

Not receiving reset password email

I have been trying to get an reset email since yesterday, and nothing has arrived in my inbox.

When i am trying to follow the instructions from spotify to reset my password, they just ask me to type in the old password that i can't remember.. Frustrating! Can anybody please help me?

58 Replies

I just installed spotify and I don't have facebook. I am trying to change my password because it is not accepting the one I made -- but it's asking for my current password. Clicking "i forgot my password" brings me to the password reset section of my profile. I did not get any email to authorize the reset. What do I do? I don't want to have to join facebook to use spotify. Please help.

@morivivir4 - Its worth double checking your spam/junk folders as the reset emails often get stuck in those. If not, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they can do a manual reset for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi.  I'm trying to set up Spotify on my Tivo Box.  But because I logged in with Facebook I am unable to.  

So I tried to set up a password using this site and the options and I have been waiting three weeks for the email to arrive.

I've tried this a number of times now and still nothing.  I'#ve checked junkmail and all other places it could possibly go and still no password setting email.

@Peter wrote:

@morivivir4 - Its worth double checking your spam/junk folders as the reset emails often get stuck in those. If not, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they can do a manual reset for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Metaroen - Please follow the steps Peter has outlined above and one of our advisors will help you to get set up.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hi 

I am not receiving my password reset email either... checked spam and junk mail folders and nothing....please help!

@Jecca  Its worth double checking your spam/junk folders as the reset emails often get stuck in those. If not, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they can do a manual reset for you. 

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Yep seems this is a bigger problem than I thought. Rediculous actually never had a site NOT send me a new password when I'm just wanting to log in. Do I need to pay $9.99 for premium to get some attention?  Theres not even any contact info like a real email address or phone number, unless I'm missing it. Help, was thinking of buying the premium but now I'm thinking twice.

@captainfun - It is worth trying entering your username rather than email address on the reset page too as sometimes that works. 

If you are still having issues, open a case with the accounts team here and they will be able to lend a hand to reset you manually:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Peter

The problem is I have to have a username and password to open a case with customer service and I don't have one until they send me an email so I can start again which nobody has yet! 

I did reply to the automated email that was sent explaining my situation, but really this shouldn't be this difficult, and trustrating! 

But thanks for YOUR reply, at least someone is listening!

Have you got your 8-digit case number handy? I can ask someone to make sure it gets to the correct hands for you.

Peter

My husband has spotify an he forgot his password an he tried to do the password reset like it says but every time he does he gets this message. "
Reset password

Sorry, your form has expired. Please try again.

If you still need help, contact Spotify Support. " I have tried repeatedly to change it for him but it gives us that message every time.I had to make me a account just so he could listen to his music. An he is pissed! ! He had a lot of songs on his account. So now I'm paying fir 2 accounts! ! 😡

I am having the same problems.  My username is nighthawk751.  I have tried to renew my password multiple times and the email is not showing up in my inbox or spam folders.  Please help.

Hey @user-removed,

Welcome to the Community.

If you still remember your previous password, you change it here

If you've forgotten your password, try to update the email address on your account profile page and request a password reset link. It's always worth to check the spam filter. 

Let us know how you get on!

Pricilla,

What you proposed is a Catch-22:

(1) I already have an account with username: nighthawk751

(2) I signed up for premium on 4/9/15 at 10:13 pm for the account nighthawk751

(3) 3 days ago, spotify stopped recognizing/forgot my password and I could not get into my account.  Instead, I logged into facebook only so I could get to the spotify support page and get into the "contact us" page. I do not wish to use my facebook account in conjunction with Spotify. Further, my premium status is not associated with this facebook-related account I do not wish to use.

(4) I tried renewing my password by typing in my username, nighthawk751, into the box where it should recognize my account and send the new password to ___________@gmail.com

(5) If I tried typing in ___________@gmail.com, the system now thinks that the account is tied to my facebook account. I do not want this and my premium status is tied to the account, nighthawk751.

(6) After disconnecting from facebook, I tried renewing my password by typing in my email, ___________@gmail.com but the system either does not recognize my email or now tells me that the email is tied to my facebook.

(7) I know I have the appropriate email, ___________@gmail.com, associated with my username, nighthawk751, because I have had to reset my password once already (on 4/9/15), and I still have the email. This means that the system recognizes my email and my username, but isn't linking the 2 for some reason. I have tried to reset my password multiple times but the password reset email is not showing up in my inbox or spam.

(8) If I can't log into nighthawk751, I will be billed for a service I won't be able to use because the system wont let me log into my account. If I wanted to log in and cancel this premium service, the system wont let me log into my account.

See above.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for all the information.  

We can see that the right team is already helping you out via email. 

Hopefully this will be sorted soon.

Thanks!

The password reset emails are not going through for me. I checked trash, spam and regular inbox. NOTHING!

I have no way to login, and even though I found my password through 1password, I can't login now because it's in the middle of a reset process that I cannot complete. Spotify drives me INSANE!

Please, can someone assist? I signed up through spotify.com and not through FB (when I connect via facebook, it's a different FREE account with no playlists).

Thanks.

~daleF

I have the same - continuing - problem as heavensmimi74, i.e. Repeatedly get the message "your form has expired", when I Try to change the password on the link. Cannot see any solutions here. Anyone, please?

Same as above, i keep trying to cancel my subscription but forgotten my password. I keep requesting new password entering the details and states 'this form has expired' PLEASE HELP!! Spotify is bloody useless!!

The answer/link was to another person having the same problem. What is the solution?
Lgn-no

Suggested posts