Free

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

Unsure. iOS 10 maybe?

My Question or Issue

Why is my Facebook account for Spotify not being recognized? It looks like I have 2 accounts. One through Facebook and another one without linking Facebook together. I went through my Facebook settings and it shows a user ID for my Spotify account which is 17 digits long. I tried to log in to Spotify by Continue with Facebook and it says "There is no existing Spotify account connected to my Facebook account." But it says "Active" Added in June 2016 on the Apps and Websites in my Facebook settings.

My other account's username is 10 digits long and I was able to access that one, but I don’t have many songs in that account. I believe I was mainly using the account that was linked to my Facebook since I liked over 200 songs and created playlists. I did recently upgrade my iPhone 8 to iPhone 11 and everything should've transferred to the new one. But I had to log back into all of my apps and that's where the problem occurred with my Spotify account. I was hoping to use the account with more songs in it which would probably be the one associated with my Facebook account. However, I cannot access it. But it does show my profile picture from Facebook on Spotify when it says there is no existing Spotify account connected to Facebook account. My email address is the same one I use for both Spotify and Facebook. Please advise. Thank you!

-Stephanie

3 Replies

Hey @smo23 

Since you now have two accounts, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you merge both of your accounts. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you so much! Your answer made me really happy! So I clicked on the "contact form" link that you provided and answered the "Tell us more" since I still need help. They emailed me back right away with the following (see below). Do I need to wait for a reply from them? If so, how long do they take to respond? Thank you again for answering my question 🙂

Hello,

We have some quick options we think can help you:

• Try searching our support site with your questions.
  • Go to the Spotify Community. Even if there isn’t already an answer there to your question, you can post it and someone will answer quickly.
  • You can also message our support team @SpotifyCares at Twitter.

All the best,
Spotify Customer Service Team

ref:_00DD0pxIW._5002o2Muq5a:ref

@smo23 

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts