NEXT STEP

Not searchable / No one can find my account using search

Not searchable / No one can find my account using search

Plan

Free

Country

Germany

My Question or Issue

I have searched for my own account on someone else's phone to see my playlists. However, my display name / account does not appear in searches at all, in fact it says "Couldn't find - Try searching again using a different spelling or keyword". I was wondering: do I have to be Premium for people to find my account on Spotify and be able to listen to my public playlists?

PS: I've seen the exact same problem posted in 2014 and several people were having the same problem and it seems like there was no solution...any ideas?

5 Replies

Hi there @smartpolyglot

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Could you please let me know :

- If your account Facebook/mail based

- What's your username

Waiting on your update 🙂

Hello! Thank you for your quick response and willingness to help!

At the moment my Facebook account is not connected and I don't even have a Facebook account for this particular purpose, so my account is email based (*snip*). However, I can provide my Spotify automatic username (<snip - Moderator Edit>) as well as my display name (smartpolyglot).

Once again, thank you!

Hello @smartpolyglot,

That's odd indeed! I also couldn't find your profile with your display name. But it's possible to find it, if you put spotify:user: in front of your username though. 

You can also share your profile with your friends following the steps here

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if you need help with anything else 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

as stated in the original post of this thread, this is an issue since at least 2013 .

How is it still an issue? why go tru all that trouble just to find a profile or to be able to share your profile?

I too am non existing when you search my Spotify profile, this is really inconvenient.

Then, you tell / make people connect their Facebook just for that and even then it doesn’t work right.

As a community based platform it is just surreal that this can stay an issue for soon as long as close to a decade.

Hey there @roccopantalon,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Sometimes it takes time for Display names to get updated and synced across devices. If you've changed your display name, you might be able to still search for your profile using your old display name. If that's the case we recommend you try changing your display name again and relogging in order for the changes to be synced. Don't forget you can always share a link to your profile.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts