Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not taking real name from Facebook

Not taking real name from Facebook

So I've been having this issue lately with my Facebook account that I've linked to my Spotify Premium account. For some reason, I can't get my real name to be displayed on my account. My profile picture is on there, but for some reason it still has my Screen name up there. This isn't a huge deal, but for my friends on Facebook who might be trying to find me, it'd be nice if they could just look up my real name. Anything I can do?

7 Replies

Hey @Jaggerwocky.

Thanks for getting in touch 🙂

Would you mind sending us a screenshot showing how your display name appears on your account? That would be really useful.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

P

Of course! Here you go.

20180920_111641.jpg

Hey there @Jaggerwocky,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Do you see the same display name across all your devices? If you see it only on that one device, we'd suggest trying a clean reinstall of the app on that device first.

If the same occurs on all your devices, have you tried disconnecting and connecting again your Facebook profile?

All you need to do is get to a computer and follow these steps for a quick fix:

1. Open the Spotify desktop app.
  2. Click  in the top-right corner of the app.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.
  5. Click CONNECT TO FACEBOOK.
  6. Enter your Facebook details and click Log In.

Note: It can take up to 24 hours for the changes to be visible.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

It's displayed across all of my devices. I've disconnected and reconnected my Facebook page several times over the past week trying to fix it, but without any success. 

Hey @Jaggerwocky.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could it be possible that your name on Facebook is Jaggerwocky? If you're sure it's not, make sure that you gave permission for us to use your Facebook information. You can do this here on your Spotify account page, and here on your Facebook settings. Make sure you check both links.

Keep in mind that it can take a few days before all changes take effect. So if you don't see your name after you've connected to Facebook, it means that it can take a bit longer but usually not more than 48 hours.

We hope it'll work. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Hi there. My name on Facebook definitely isn't Jaggerwocky. I've checked
both links and everything looks correct, but my name still hasn't changed
and it's been over a week at this point. It's not the end of the world if
there's just some glitch where system just doesn't want to play nice, it'd
just be convenient to have it.

Hey @Jaggerwocky,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We can investigate further for you. But first we'd need to know if it's an account issue. We can find out if you could create a new account with us to see if there the connection happens how it should. You'll have to disconnect your Facebook profile from your current account and wait up to 48 hours before you can hook it up to a different account.

Let us know what the result is. Have a nice day 🙂

Suggested posts