Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not ten hours Spotify but only 30 minutes?

Solved!

Not ten hours Spotify but only 30 minutes?

Hello there.

I need some help..

The moth started only a few days ago and I didn't get 10 hours but 30 minutes! o.o Now I can't listen to music anymore and I have to wait till next month. What's this about?

Best wishes..

Daphne

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The 10 hours per month figure is a bit vague. 

On Spotify free after 6 months passes from the date your account was registered, you get 2.5 hours each week, not 10 hours a month. Therefore you can expect your play timer to reset to 2.5 hours on whichever day of the week you registered on each week.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The 10 hours per month figure is a bit vague. 

On Spotify free after 6 months passes from the date your account was registered, you get 2.5 hours each week, not 10 hours a month. Therefore you can expect your play timer to reset to 2.5 hours on whichever day of the week you registered on each week.

Peter

Peter

so even thought Spotify tells me I have a legaly set right of 10 hourse per month I can only use 2.5 hourse per week? Why can't I use the 10 hourse during the whole month? Where exactly is the legal spot that says so?

The logic is that a month has 4 weeks, which makes it 4x2.5 hours. You can have up to 10 hours of time collected, so if you don't listen to anything for two weeks you will have 5 hours.

@lizzirascb-sthl wrote:

so even thought Spotify tells me I have a legaly set right of 10 hourse per month I can only use 2.5 hourse per week? Why can't I use the 10 hourse during the whole month? Where exactly is the legal spot that says so?

Free account restrictions are clearly set out here.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts