Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Notifications have stopped for the last week

Notifications have stopped for the last week

Hi, I use the Notifications button to keep playlists up to date. Normally I get new notifications every day, but nothing for the last week. Anyone have any idea why they've stopped? Thanks.

9 Replies

Hey @spetherick and welcome to the community!

This doesn't sound right. Did it happen after an update? Could you share more information about the OS and which client do you use, eg. desktop, as well as the version of Spotify?

Let me know!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Hi

Thanks for replying. I use version 1.0.26.132.ga4e3ccee on a Mac desktop. I don’t think there’s been any upgrades over the last week.

All best

Simon

Hey again-

Unfortunately, for now, this is expected behaviour.

K

Ah well. Let's hope it's a weird thing that gets fixed!

It has been weeks since I have received any new notifications and I know new tracks have been added. This is the one feature that has kept me from switching to Apple Music. Please fix.

Hey @bjculpepper ,

You should consider sending a kudo in ideas like this then 🙂

K

Hi, while it seems that Spotify either have some issues about Notifications or have a policy about Notifications which they are not willing to share with us users, then we are all a bit stuck. Someone else on the forums suggested this solution: www.swarm.fm. It links with your settings and provides the service which Spotify doesn't seem to want to provide.

Same issue (no notifications at all for 8 days, after a run where I definitely wasn't receiving many but at least had some show), and same version (1.0.26.132.ga4e3ccee) only on a Windows system.

I also haven't been receiving notifications on my iPhone.

Also, what's up with a non-solution post being shown/linked here as a solution?

Same here as well, no notifications at all since April 4th. No email notifications, no in-app (Windows 1.0.26.132.ga4e3ccee and Android) notifications. 

I just marked the "expected behavior" solution as a non-solution. This has not been explained, let alone solved. 

Suggested posts