Step 1

NEXT STEP

Number instead of name.

Number instead of name.

Plan

Premium

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 8, iMac)

I recently had my account hacked (someone was logged in to my account, playing artists I don't follow...). As a result, I used the website to log out of everywhere, went from the family plan down to premium only, reset my password, and removed the app on the Facebook website.

Since then, my phone and desktop apps are showing my name as my account number. Only the website shows my Facebook profile pic. I have reenabled access to Spotify on the Facebook app and allowed access to my data, done a clean install of both the android and desktop apps, and it's still not working.

Not sure if it's relevant, but the Facebook app tells me my Spotify user ID is a different string of numbers to one now showing in my other apps?

1 Reply

Hi @Pauly_B,

Welcome to the Community! 🙂

One thing catched my attention in yout post. You said your removed the Spotify App in FB.

The correct way to dissociate the two, is by doing it from the Spotify side of things, using the option provided for this effect >> https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/i-want-to-use-spotify-without-facebook...

I recently replied to a somewhat similar post >> https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Display-Facebook-name/m-p/4610534#M1507178

I suggested in the above post for the user to disconnect its current account from FB and connect to it using another FB account (you can create a temporary one just for testing purposes). This might trigger Spotify code to correctly associate the new FB account and display its  username (a new Spotify "internal" id will be generated for it).

If this works, you can then disconnect this temporary FB account from Spotify and attempt to reconnect again with the original one.

I'm betting on the fact that by replacing your non-working Spotify <-> FB association by a new one, the needed "cleaning" takes place and you can then reconnect with the original FB account, with a higher chance of getting its username displayed correctly, instead of its "internal" Spotify id.

Let me know how it goes. 😉

Kind Regards

-- PF

Suggested posts