Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

OLD friend won't log out..

OLD friend won't log out..

Hi! Last year I borrows my Spotify premium account to a (then) good friend! Now I am not so good friends with him anymore! But I can't get him to log out from my account! How can I remove him from my Spotify?
He makes me re-download my music every time I'm going to use my Spotify....
Please help me!
15 Replies

Hey @Anderssen14! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound so nice.

Here's a little tutorial for this:

1. Reset your password via the password reset page.

2. Go to your profile page

3. Scroll down

4. Click on 'Sign Out Everywhere'

Screenshot_2.png

After that your 'friend' won't be able to use your account anymore. 

Hope this will help. ^^

Peace

I've tried that before to sign out everywhere, but he has to be online to be signed out, but I don't know when he's online or not!
And he does not know my password, so if I can get him unlogged he can't log back in. 🙂

@Anderssen14

It would be great if you could give us these details:

Are you sure that he does not know your password? Are you sure he is the causes the redownloads?

Have you tried reinstalling your app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Let us know if that helps, thanks!

Peace ^^

I'm sure he does not know my password!
But I'm not sure he's the one causing redownloads! But every time I get the same message, "you can only use offline on three devices" or something like that...
And me and my girlfriend have three devices, so that's why I believe he's the reason this happenes

@Anderssen14

That sounds much better. I think i can figure this out now.

Take a look at your offline devices. Through this page.

If there are more then 3 devices in the list you need to remove the wrong one.

Hope that helps. ^^

Peace

I've tried that too... 😕 😛 but I can't see the name of the device there! It just says device "something" 😕
But I removed all, and that did not log me out of it! It just removed my downloaded songs again...

@Anderssen14:

It's normal, when you remove the devices it will download again.

This should fix your issue now. ^^ 

If not, let me know it. 

Peace

But it doesn't sign out when I remove devices...

@Anderssen14!

Yeah, this the normal process.

If you want to sign out you need click the 'Sign Out Everywhere' button. ^^

Peace

Hi there, I have the same issue. A friend of mine is linked to my account and is able to control my music. Please can you remove them from my account?

Hello @Olivia3333, in which way is your friends account linked to yours?

When I sign in her account is showing up in the bottom left hand corner of the screen even though I'm logged in as myself. Her music keeps getting synced on mine and sometimes it says I am controlling her device from my phone. I've tried logging out and so has she but nothing seems to work

@Olivia3333, there is a possibility that your account is linked with her Facebook account. To disconnect Facebook from Spotify, you can follow the steps at this page: https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/Spotify-is-connected-to-wrong-Facebook-account

Could you send me the link again? That link didn't seem to get me to a page that would change the facebook feature. Thank you

You have to unlink the Facebook account through the Spotify Desktop app. You can go to the page I have send earlier for the exact steps.

Suggested posts