NEXT STEP

Obliged to listen to the same song

Obliged to listen to the same song

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Laptop (application), browser, Phone (Android)

Operating System

Linux / Android / whatever

My Question or Issue

Since today I started experiencing a very annoying bug in the Spotify whole system. The problem is that Spotify started forcing me to listen to "Kim & Kanye (feat. Emis Killa" by "Fedez, Emis Killa". No matter what I do (i.e. pressing the pause button (it will play again in a second), skipping to the next song, choosing another playlist, closing the application, trying to play on another device), it will force me to continuously listen to the very same song.

Please note that the repeat option is disabled

May you please do something for this?

Thank you

9 Replies

Greetings @ elegos87
* You can try deleting the cache from a PC or Mac of the Spotify application.

* You can also delete the app and then re-enter.

* Try If after this you can not find a solution, you can contact the support service of Spotify. Someone in a 24 hour period will attend your problem, here I leave you the email to write! I hope I helped you solve your problem. support@spotify.com

Thanks @AlexZea,

I don't think it's a cache issue, as I tried on all the possible platforms (desktop app, mobile app, browser app). Meanwhile I've changed my facebook password (though I use the 2FA), removed all the connected spotify apps (but Spotify forum itself and Amazon Echo) and disconnected all the devices.

I think it might have been one of the playlist-to-csv apps that forced me to listen to that album - though it can't be a cohincidence that the album went out into the stores just the last week - I suspect it was a marketing way to boost the listenings =\ Spotify should take care of that (also because it will ruin the automated playlists of a series of users).

It's a pity Spotify don't allow the users to track the IP addresses (or at least their geo-locations) to see if someone is trying to connect from a suspicious place.

Same problem**bleep** artist.

I tried to write to spotifycare, no solution for now.

My friend and I are obliged to listen to this f*king s**t whenever we login, and the worst part is that WHEN IT STARTS YOU CAN'T STOP IT. It's a shame, and my idea is that after a lot of people is reporting this and nobody is fixing it OF COURSE is to boost the album (which is making my ears bleeding!). Is it a case that now this s**t is on the 1st place in the italian chart????? I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! IT SEEMS LIKE BEING IN A "BLACK MIRROR" EPISODE. 

Awesome, now my weekly playlist is raped by this kind of shitty music that makes me throw up. Awesome work Spotify team! From a Premium member by more than 2 years =\

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to the Spotify Community. If you haven't already, let's check if any of these suggestions help:

• restarting your device
  • Logging out of Spotify (down arrow in the top right > Log Out) then back in
  • Doing a clean reinstall of Spotify
  • Playing another song on the Spotify Web Player

If you're still having issues, please let me know the Spotify URI of the track that's stuck as well as your operating system, version of Spotify, and if you're a Spotify Premium subscriber 🙂 

Cheers!

Hello @ItsPugle,

I already tried those steps, but didn't work for me.

I personally resolved doing the following steps:

1. reset the Facebook password (linked to Spotify)
2. unauthorize all the 3rd party apps linked to Spotify (but Spotify services themselves and Amazon Echo) (via the Spotify website)

3. disconnect all the devices (via the Spotify website)

The problem now is that the discover weekly is being influenced by the previous continuous listening to that album songs (yep, I found out that after hours it started playing other songs of the same album).

The album is the following: https://open.spotify.com/album/20pEaghSWdY2ti2tCEm3FI

I hope Spotify will take actions against the remuneration of that artist.

Me too. Shame on you, spotify 

Premium account 

Thanks for that @elegos87,

In terms of your Discover Weekly and other personalised playlists, the best way to re-teach Spotify about your music taste is to keep playing your favourite tunes. It might take a little bit, though.

With keeping your account safe, make sure to check out this Spotify support article on how to keep your account secure 🔒

Suggested posts