Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Observations on lack of "family" packages or support

Observations on lack of "family" packages or support

Hi,

Just started using Spotify and so far I'm fairly impressed. I've signed up with an account to use for me and my wife, and we're giving Premium a try. After testing though it seems that I can't be listening to one thing in one room, and her to something else in another. I just want to contrast that with my Lovefilm membership: I pay £5 a month (half of what Spotify premium will cost us), to stream much higher bandwidths, and both of us can independently watch things at the same time.

I think expecting families to pay £20 and up for premium service is a little unrealistic. I could see maybe if you added additional user licences on for a couple of quid a go, up to a reasonable limit.

Otherwise I'm not sure I'd justify maintaining a premium account, and I'll have to just consider running a standard account for myself instead.

Cheers.

1 Reply

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Family pricing is something which has been discussed a few times here on the community, the issue always comes down to licensing costs. The main discussion about family plans if you want to join in there is over on the ideas exchange here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts