Step 1

NEXT STEP

Odd activity on my account

Odd activity on my account

US

Premium

i phone 8+

iOS 12.2

I started noticing a week or two ago that weird music I had never listened to had started showing up in my recently played. There were albums, artists, and songs that I had never even heard of, and it was saying I had listened to them recently. Earlier today, I tried to listen to a song, and it kept changing to another song. I would play My song, but it would change back to the same song that it changed to before. It was like somebody else was on my account trying to listen to the other song. To me this obviously seems like somebody else has my account, but I don’t know how that would happen. I haven’t given my information to anybody. I also believe that you can’t listen with the same account on two different devices, which makes me even more confused. Even if someone had my account, wouldn’t one of us get kicked off? What could be this issue here and how do I solve it?

2 Replies

I am having the same issue. I logged out of all my devices and reset my password and it’s happening again. It is infuriating because they will interrupt/hijack my streaming with their music while I’m listening on my own devices. I can’t resolve this. Hoping for answers here!

Hey @Ryan84 and @user-removed,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you have your Facebook profile connected to your Spotify account, it's recommended to change both your Spotify password and your Facebook password, before you log out everywhere. Also make sure to log out everywhere both on your Spotify account page, and your Facebook profile.

If you are still noticing strange activities on your Spotify account, be sure to take a look at this article we wrote where we help you to secure your account.

Alright let us know if you have further questions and we'll be happy to help.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts