Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Devices Limit

Offline Devices Limit

Please increase the number of allowable devices for offline listening to greater than 3. I'm running into this limit and it's providing a very annoying user experience. I don't think I'm in a very unique situation when I have the following devices I want to use offline:

1) Smartphone

2) Tablet

3) Personal Laptop

4) Work Laptop

Because most customers don't have unlimited data plans anymore, it's important to use the offline feature on our smartphones to avoid expensive data overages. 

Because we don't all have wifi (or fast wifi) all the time, it's important we can listen offline on our laptops or tablets or phones when on the go (coffee shops, subway, buses, etc). 

And because my work prevents streaming from Spotify.com, I have to use the offline mode at work. 

So what ends up happening is I keep having to download/redownload all of my songs again every time I use more than 3 devices. This creates a constant annoyance EVERY TIME I use spotify because I'm thinking "is this the 4th device that will reset my limit?". This greatly interferes with the user experience - do you want your customers to associate feelings of annoyance and scarcity with your service? Furthermore, it also wastes my time and your bandwidth when I download hundreds of songs repeatedly. Lastly, Premium users are often power users who are tech savvy and own many devices. I don't think having 4 devices makes me an exception among your Premium customer base.

And customers now have  a lot of options for streaming services. For example, I'm very tempted for Apple's $15 plan for up to 6 family members. Don't make the offline limit be the one final straw that makes me jump ship.

1 Reply

Hello @gattaca

Their sees to be an idea about this that has already been posted 🙂

You can check that out here 🙂

I hope this helped! 🙂

Suggested posts