Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline access withdrawn for Premium account and 2 offline devices

Offline access withdrawn for Premium account and 2 offline devices

Hi All!

So i have 2 offline devices (laptop and mobile phone) and a Premium account, but everytime i download music on my laptop and go offline and back online the downloads are removed (from my laptop only) and i get the message that offline access has been whitdrawn. 

Been having this issue for months and i am out of ideas. I have reinstalled and removed the playlists with no results.

Has anyone  come accross this same issue and have a solution?

Many thanks!

7 Replies

Hey @paul-frylinck Welcome to the Spotify Community!

When it comes to offline devices and you downloaded songs onto both devices, the device that you switch back to online will only be affected to the removal of downloaded songs. Its just like the downloaded selection on the playlist, if you switch it on and off it will either download all the song or it will erase all the downloads. 

I hope this answers your question.

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

Keanu_CSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Keanu_C,

Thank you for the reply! 🙂

Maybe i am not understanding how the offline devices are intended to work. Correct me if i am wrong, but we can have 3 offline devices and so have downloaded playlists on these 3 devices. Any device added additionally will have the next online device's offline access withdrawn as i understand from your reply?

My problem is that i only have 2 devices that i want to keep offline music on and not constantly be selecting which playlists i want to dowload.

You are correct about the amount of devices. However when you already have 3 devices and you try to do an additonal one, it will bring up a message saying that you have already exceeded the device limit. 

You only have to select the device to keep the offline on until you decide to deactivate the offline mode. 

I feel like i have still yet to answer your question, if so could you rephrase it?

Keanu_C

Keanu_CSpotify Star

Hi Again,

Thank you for clarifying that 😉

We are on the same page with regard to the devices so that is good 😄

My problem in a nutshell is that i am not exceedind the 3 devices limit but yet my playlists are not available offline on 1 of the 2 devices because the offline access is withdrawn when it comes online again.

Tis a strange one. 

I have the exactly the same issue! In my case it is an IOS device and an Android device - no 3rd device. yet I can only have offline playlists stored on 1 device as it deletes it off the other as soon as I go online. I have cleared my logins and offline playlists and reinstalled apps and just nothing is working!

So i am continueing to trouble shoot this issue. Seeing that the issue is mainly confined to my Windows 10 laptop where the access is withdrawn everytime it connects to a network i went and uninstalled Spotify again and then this time installed it from the Microsoft Store. 

Amazingly i have not lost my downloaded playlists yet, but i will keep an eye on this. So hopefully this fixed it.

The other thing that i am considering is that i also have a Smart watch (Gear S3) with a standalone version of spotify and this might also be trying to use the offline services and so the access is withdrawn from my laptop as soon as it connects. 

Sorry for the late reply. I overlooked my notifcations and didn't realize that you responded. Let me know how it goes with your smart watch.

Keanu_C

Keanu_CSpotify Star

Suggested posts