Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline access withdrawn (occasionally on all my devices)

Offline access withdrawn (occasionally on all my devices)

I am using a laptop (both Windows 7 and Ubuntu 13.04), a desktop PC (windows 7), a Nexus 7 tablet (android) and my phone (android) to listen to spotify. Often, they delete the local content and tell me that offline access has been withdrawn. Why is this? Anything I can do?

3 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

This is because with Spotify premium you can only have offline files on a maximum of 3 devices (and a max of 3,333 songs per device). As you have 4 devices there; that means as soon as you try to sync on the 4th is will withdraw from the 1st and so on.

The solution would be to not sync songs to one of your devices.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Can you provide me with the motivation for this decision? Seems a bit arbitrary...

**edit**

Oh, and does windows7+ubuntu dual boot count as 2 devices or is it per MAC-address?

@hejfelix wrote:

Can you provide me with the motivation for this decision? Seems a bit arbitrary...

**edit**

Oh, and does windows7+ubuntu dual boot count as 2 devices or is it per MAC-address?

Hi,

The main reason for this is to counter piracy. This is because otherwise users could just give out their account and everyone could sync songs and take Spotify into offline mode. If piracy gets worse, it will mean artists won't bother making songs anymore if all that happens is it gets pirated.

In terms of dual booting: If they are using separate files; then it will count as 2 devices. If you link them to the same location in the SSD/HDD then it will only count as one device. So I would just link the Linux to wherever the WIndows is linked to E.g. in the C drive.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts