Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline access withdrawn

Solved!

Offline access withdrawn

My offline access has been withdrawn even though I only have Spotify installed on 3 devices!!... I've had a lot of trouble with offline access and playlists gone missing and having to sync them again... Spotify, what is happening??

I know that this support forum is not run by Spotify but I hope someone from their team will see this and get back to me asap. I've had my Premium subscription for abt a year, it's never been syncing smoothly on mobile, old playlists with 0 songs turns up, but no new ones... and now this. 😞

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

has anyone had this access withdrawn error?
. I need to run down what I did, you will probably
recognize what has gone wrong.I began a premium account in February.I
am a music freak and a retired IT analyst. wile I downloaded as much
music as the system would allow. bought a laptop, in copying, bought
into the "take it anywhere"line found no info at spotify help on
moving files from one machine to another. found downloaded storage did
not want to go thru downloading again.When I moved the files Spotify
told me web access is withdrawn told me only once that  access is
withdrawn. now doesnt seem to down load or sync and only plays files
when online. I know I screwed the pooch so to speak. please help me
get this fixed before another month begins.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey guys, it looks like in both your cases Spotify might be getting confused as to how many devices you have registered to your account.

But don't worry - we can reset this information for you. It will however mean desyncing anything you have currently synced.

Let me know if you're happy to proceed.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Marked as solution

OK Richard, 

here  goes to fix acess being withdrawn to specify a new folder for spotify to store music data in. why? it's simple if average joe user  could copy all the tracks to  a different machine, theft and copyright infringement would  explode across the Internet. therefore once you copy all the files in storage and paste them somewhere else (ie: different PC) you cause the withdrawn  error.

so the easiest  and best answer is to not copy files. but if you  have merely change the destination folderand re-load alll the tracks it sux I am doing this as I speak. It is preferable to losing everything at least I chose the 1195 tracks that I am now replacing.

I am analyst that got this on my own.

joe bob

Marked as solution

I need help aswell, my offline services have gone aswell!

Marked as solution

Marina - That's done for you now! It was an Android, an iOS device and a windows machine.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Marked as solution

RattyCole - Okay, devices are reset! If you just stream tracks on a device, it shouldn't connect that for offline use - Only after you sync tracks should it show up.

JaVaeBe - Spotify is only licensed for personal use, and as a result, it is not possible to play Spotify in two different locations at the same time. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Marked as solution

@alhi wrote:

Also happens here. May be an old laptop which is recognized as having offline access. Please reset my synced devices, thanks!

Don't want my devices to delete all offline content when I'm on vacation abroad...! 

Done!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Marked as solution

czechboysonic - ok, you're back to square one. Let us know if you need anything else.

154 Replies
Marked as solution

has anyone had this access withdrawn error?
. I need to run down what I did, you will probably
recognize what has gone wrong.I began a premium account in February.I
am a music freak and a retired IT analyst. wile I downloaded as much
music as the system would allow. bought a laptop, in copying, bought
into the "take it anywhere"line found no info at spotify help on
moving files from one machine to another. found downloaded storage did
not want to go thru downloading again.When I moved the files Spotify
told me web access is withdrawn told me only once that  access is
withdrawn. now doesnt seem to down load or sync and only plays files
when online. I know I screwed the pooch so to speak. please help me
get this fixed before another month begins.

Marked as solution

Hey guys, it looks like in both your cases Spotify might be getting confused as to how many devices you have registered to your account.

But don't worry - we can reset this information for you. It will however mean desyncing anything you have currently synced.

Let me know if you're happy to proceed.

I HAVE ONE DEVICE AT THE MOMENT.FB USER JOE COOKi SAY LETS GIVE IT A TRY, DOESN'T WORK AT ALL, Y NOT ?

Hi Richard, It sounds strange to me that the system all of a sudden thinks I have too many devices, especially since it worked fine last month and I haven't installed Spotify on any other devices since. I have had my devices reset once before and the whole syncing process took forever to complete, so is there any other way this could be fixed? Also, since I have your attention, another quite annoying problem I have with the app is that old, DELETED playlists (and therefor 0 songs) turns up in my playlist, and pushes out newer playlists to be stored for offline use. Please advice Thanks for your time

joecook - I've reset your devices. Let me know if that helps.

Angelica - According to our system you have two Mac devices and an iPhone registered for offline use - is this not correct? What can happen sometimes is that if you use any kind of cache clearing software then Spotify will think you have an extra device when you don't. Reinstalls can also cause this in some rare cases.

Let me know if you'd like another reset.

UFFLINE ACCESS FOR THIS COMPUTER/DEVICE HAS BEEN WITH DRAWN   (AGAIN)

Hi again.
That is correct, I have spotify installed on 2 macs and 1 iPhone. This has been the installation for quite some time and worked well since I had a reset (I accidentally installed it on a 4th device that time)
I have not used any cache clearing software nor re-installed spotify on any of the devices.

Any other solution available than resetting it all again?

Also, the reset doesn't fix the problem with old empty playlists showing up. 😞 and sad to say, but my Internet connection in Singapore where I live is crap, so syncing all of my devices are rather troublesome... that's why I'm really looking for another way out of this.

Thanks

joecook - sorry to hear that didn't help. I can't see any more devices registered to your account though. What kind of device are you running Spotify on? If it's an iOS device then you may want to check out this thread for a bug we're currently trying to figure out: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPod-Touch/Keep-losing-all-my-sync-tracks-for-offl...

Angelica - if resetting the devices isn't an option then there's not much we can do right now. It sounds like your issue might also be related to the above iOS issue (basically a strange iOS caching issue that's a bit technical). It's something we're working on fixing though so should be better in a future release. We might just have to be a bit patient in the meantime.

Wish that was it. windows vista 64bt sony vaio

Joecook - when was the last time you reinstalled Spotify? It could be something specific in the version of Spotify you're currently running that is causing problems.

richard, just re-installed it 10 mins ago, nothings changed , not allowing me to sync files still?

is there a problem in the registry keys?

The device that has been withdrawn is one of the computers, however I suffer from syncing issues with the phone too.
On the phone it never states that the device is withdrawn but I have to sync stuff maybe every 2weeks. 😞

Spoiler
I

I yhink you have a data drag as do I, but syncing would say simply1068 files to sync then I coped the dir to my new laptop, which cant deal with the access errorI can no longer sync  files online nothing, can't be used in offline mode, the must ba a data bit that was change,such as making it read only so software engineers let those ideas fly.

Joecook - could you explain that a bit more? I didn't quite follow. (It sounds like you could try running Spotify as an administrator if it's a read-access problem - just right click on Spotify's icon to do this).

Angelica - do you use any kind of cache clearing software that might be causing problems?

If we can't figure out a fix for these problems it might be worth getting in touch with our agents through our support contact form. If you do, be sure to include a link to this thread so they can see what's already been tried.

RICHARD, HAVE pursued this via support, all my apps run as admin. still not syncing for offline  play.

Nope, no caching software

Ok, this needs escalating to the above contact form then, I've more or less run out of ideas.

let me pose this, when you get that error, it is because, you may have copied file that spotify use (data) once copied the sofware responds as if user xyz is givivg away their library. Therefore spotify responds accordingly but blocking any further dowloads, hence the offline access withdrawn message. Stops the proliferation of music theft ie: napster, and file sharing. O do know now what is required to correct this, I do not however feel that posting the solution here would be helpful. let me know I might tell you.

Suggested posts