Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline expired

Offline expired

Hi,

I cant listen to my playlists on my phone. It says that my license to listen offline has expired. But everything seems to be correct on my account page, my premium subscription has not at all expired, it is active.

What could this be?

10 Replies

If you're sure you're logging in with the correct (facebook?) credentials, I suggest you submit an online contact form and someone at Spotify will look into this for you. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply) and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

@smandvik wrote:

Hi,

I cant listen to my playlists on my phone. It says that my license to listen offline has expired. But everything seems to be correct on my account page, my premium subscription has not at all expired, it is active.

What could this be?

Your tip worked, but only temporary. When I left my house, and long after I went outside my wifi (like a couple of km), it said that spotify was offline and I just had the 10 or so songs that are stored on my phone. I don't get it! My subscription isactive,a nd it works at home on my wifi but not outside...

Thanks for any help!

In the android spotify settings, do you have "download over 2g/3g turned on, and offline mode turned off? Note that this will eat data so you might want to check your data plan.

If you don't want to use up mobile data, you need to download music while at home then put the mobile app into offline mode.

Ok, so download while at home, and turn on offline mode before I leave?

You got it. The FAQs re pretty helpful here but shout if you get stuck 🙂 

This is so weird. Everything seems to be working, I did as you said and I went out for a couple of hours listening to spotify on offline mode. However, when I woke up this morning at home (on wifi) all my playlists were unavailable again saying that listening to spotify offline had expired. There seems to be something wrong..?

Are you using Android or iOS? How much free space does the phone have and how many tracks is it you have synced (before they become de-synced)?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Android. I have little space left, I'll clean up some. Should I also de-download a couple of playlists? I guess I had like 1500 songs downloaded.

Freeing up some space then syncing a new playlist of about 5 tracks to test with would be great. Does that playlist then become un-synced?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I can go away from a wifi and listen to my synced songs for sometimes between an hour or three, and then suddenldy everything is unavailable. This is so frustrating!!!!!!!! I have loads of space on my phone, and I tried cleaningup in my playlists, but nothing changed this pattern! And I keep have to download all my playlists again and again even though I have downloaded them months ago! Something is seriously wrong.

Suggested posts