Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline login stuck in loop

Solved!

Offline login stuck in loop

Plan: premium

Phone: LG G6

Spotify version: 8.5.49.973

I switched Spotify to offline today and I am stuck in a negative feedback loop. I was logged out (somehow?) and cannot login regardless of internet connection.

It goes like this:

1. I hit login on app screen

2. I can't login as I'm offline/not connected to the internet (this doesn't matter, I've tried connecting while on 4G and on good WiFi)

3. I get sent a new password link

4. It is immediately expired as soon as I open it in Gmail

5. See step one

I have tried the following and they don't work:

Restarting my device

Reinstall of the app

Opening the password reset link from emails on incognito after copying and pasting the link

Web player Spotify is fine but I have no idea if/how I can change it back to online from there.

If this continues I'll have to cancel my plan as the app is unusable now

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @demonlatte

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's performance.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @demonlatte

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's performance.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Sorry for the very late response. A clean reinstall worked, thank goodness!

I am having exactly the same problem since a few weeks now.

I followed the solution described here: Unfortunately, the clean reinstall did not solve it...

using the webplayer is fine, but the app does not want to let me sign in independent on the network used (public, private, mobile...)

I use Android 8 on a huawei and spotify version 8.5.78.909

Thank you for any more hints

Hey there @Taensen,

Thank you for your post. We're sorry to hear that you're experience this. We're happy to help you.

Just to confirm - Does the issue persist after you've tried with another internet connection?

We suggest that you log in with another account on your device - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists.

It's also a good idea to check your country settings and restart your phone to make sure everything is correct and synced up.

Lastly - Would you mind sending us a screenshot? It will help us understand more what's going on directly from your end.

We'll have an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for fast support.

Since I changed recently my country of residence adjusting my country settings solved the issue.

Suggested posts