Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline music re-downloads every time I start Spotify.

Offline music re-downloads every time I start Spotify.

I am origionally from the Netherlands. I've had spotify since 2011. I decided to move to Suriname (South-America) in 2017. Spotify worked fine here for the past two years.  In the meantime I upgraded from Premium to Premium Family, everything still worked fine. About 6 months ago I bought a new Phone (Samsung Galaxy J8). Since then, everytime I open spotify it redownloads all my offline lists.... this is seriously annoying and limits me alot in listening to music... Apparently every time I open spotify my accound recognizes it as a new device... Last month I was back in the Netherlands, and redownloaded the whole app there and changed some settings. It worked fine there for a month. Then when I went back to Suriname it is now annoying me again...

Anyone who can please help me? 

3 Replies

Hey, @dick_lock 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Firstly there are some tips that you should try. I recommend that you take a look at this following article, check if everything is fine:

Keep me posted and let me know if the issue persists and I'll try to find another possible solution.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @dick_lock,

Thanks for your post!

We'd advise you to remove all of your devices for offline listening first. 

Keep in mind that a clean reinstallation of the app can help solve a number of issues. Check out this guide on how to do it.

If you've followed the instructions and the issue persists, could you check if Spotify is set as an exception for any cache clearing and battery optimization apps on your device?

If that doesn't solve it, it'd be helpful if you could tell us the version of your app as well as some details on your device so we can take a closer look.

Keep us posted! Have a nice day 🙂

PetyaModerator

Good news!

Spotify is now available in Suriname

You can read more information about Spotify's launch in new markets in this news article: Spotify Expands International Footprint, Bringing Audio to 80+ New Markets

MattSudaSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts