Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline playlists get desynchronized for no reason

Offline playlists get desynchronized for no reason

Hello,

Here is my problem : most of the time I use spotify in offline mode on my mobile, and I have a lot of playlists synchronized offline. After a crash of the spotify app, or an update, or after nothing, some of my playlists get desynchronized, partially or completely. After the last update of spotify app, all was desynchronized... so I have to resync all desynchronized tracks everytime it happens.

I use spotify on iOS 5.0.1 (iPhone 4S).

Does somebody have the same problem ?

Thanks for your help !!

16 Replies

Hey,

I have the same problem with using spotify on Mac desktop. Using Lion. Yesterday and today I tried re syncing. Its syncing super slow and when I restart the program all play list are offline again. I have a premium member.  I add further that I have been 

haveing syncing issues now for a couple of month but yesterday all my play lists just went back to online mode only. 

Help!

Same problem, I wrote spotify to see if they would help.

Please HELP!

I lost my offline playlist today after a Applications updates. I need to resynchronized all the 746 tracks.. I don't know why !

Did you find the solution for this issue, I have the same challanges like you and it is becoming more frustrating ever. 

@antonizieba wrote:

Did you find the solution for this issue, I have the same challanges like you and it is becoming more frustrating ever. 

What device are you having issues on? 🙂 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This is a constant pain in the arse for me too! Time after time I have to redownload all 3333 songs. 😕

What device are you using @Lindhea ?

Peter

Windows, Android and Linux

Do you get any error messages when it occurs? 

Peter

Only the message saying that I only can syncronize over 3 devices at the same time, and thus my playlists have been desyncronized.

(At the moment it seems like I can't redownload lists at all. :S Have not encountered that before...)

From looking at our system I can see that you currently have three devices with offline access.

Two of these are Android and the other is a Windows PC. As three devices is the limit for offline playlists, this will be the reason you are unable to sync on a fourth device.

If you like we can reset this list for you which will then enable you to sync on your Linux PC. How does that sound?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

I'm also having this problem with my Win7 laptop. I'm very carefully only offline syncing to three devices (I learned the hard way how badly that is managed when you accidentally go over!). But sometimes all synced playlists de-sync; it may be after a post-crash re-boot.

Please can you help fix this so I don't have to re-sync every time? (and, the bigger pain, spend long periods without my music before i get back to wifi)

I am also having this issue and it is driving me crazy and has been going on for ages! It always un-syncs my playlists, starred tracks or just majority of songs over all my devices at any time. when i try and force it to sync, say on my new phone, it tells me the device is full, which is bull as i checked and it still has nearly 7 gig of free memory! 

the whole point for paying for Premium for me was to be able to listen offline, which is barely possible! i use Spotify on my Sony Xperia, Ipad and Macbook and would like a solution to this problem or i will cancel my subscription. thanks

@zarnbaby - Does it always happen after a crash? Wondering is your Spotify cache being damaged (as if it creates a new one for any reason that counts as a new device).

@emiloodle - Which devices are you seeing these issues on exactly?

Peter

Thanks for the response.

I'm not certain: I've had a few crashes, and a few de-syncs; I haven't noted a correlation. I'll be alert; but is there anything else I can do to prevent / fix recurrence?

I've had this problem every now and again over the last few years. Currently I am having it all the time.

I have checked my number of offline devices, it was 2 so that isn't the problem.

I have a Smasung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100

Spotify version 4.4.0.1008

Android  4.4.2

I really don't think I'm anyway near the 3333 max song limit.

Everything desynchronizes more than once a week.

Also If I am not on wifi Spotify usually doesn't let me access my offline playlist anyway, it just stays stuck in 'no internet connect' endlessly searching for the internet when what it should do is give me access to my offline playlists. I have to stop the app by force (from Android) and restart, or even reboot my phone.

Suggested posts