Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

Solved!

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

I often get a message on my iPhone from spotify that I have offline playlists synced on more then 3 devices, and I have an option if I want to save my offline playlists on my telefone the message says that I just should quit and restarts spotify.
BUT NOW TO THE PROBLEM!!: I follow the message and quit spotify with hope that all my offlinemusic will still be there, BUT NO..!! And the other thing is that i DO NOT have synced playlists on 3 devices!!!! ONLY on my iphone!! When I restart spotify all music that I have synced are gone!!!?? WHY?! This is so annoying, and I am a paying coustomer so this makes me so angry!! Why pay if the program, by itself deletes my synced stuff...please help? What to do when even not the steps that I follow do not do as it says..?!
378 Replies

Hi, can you reset mine please. thanks

Miles_t - All done.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

i still get the message logging into android version on phone?

Hi  miles_t - It's important that you now do a clean reinstallation on both your desktop and your mobile devices

Please then try to sync those offline playlists again. 

think its cleared now...thanks

I dont use desktop, just mobile. Its synching now. I have gone back to an old version of app as I was having so much trouble with new app, wouldnt go offline, tracks playback jittering, kept reloading playlists etc etc. Hoping that old version will work till new version is fixed. Thanks

Please remove my devices, also.

Thanks! 🙂

Hi grongomama - No problem, that's all done. Please be sure to do a clean reinstall on your desktop and your mobile devices before you sync playlists again. 

Also, I should note you've made two accounts with us--"gringomama" and one linked to Facebook. You can combine them easily follow the instructions below:

1. In the Spotify desktop application, log out (File > Log out..)
  2. In the login box, now log back in again, using your Spotify username "gringomama" and password. This will log you back into your original account.
  3. However, your Facebook account will still be connected to the new Spotify account. To break this connection, connect to Facebook from within the desktop application. You can do this in Preferences > Social Network
    (Preferences is found under the File menu on Windows, and under Spotify on Mac)
    You can disconnect from Facebook after that, if you wish.

Hi, I spoke to Daniel through the support contact form, but I don't get a reply until hours later. I think it's a time zone thing. For your reference this is case #: 00146778. Can you reset my device list since you are online now. Thank you

Hi Jennthesuperher- I can see you've got an open case with us at the moment. 

Our support team will be back with you as soon as they can. I'm sure you'll receive a reply shortly. 

I've got the 3 devices error as well. I only use on my laptop and my phone, though i have used other computers and phones in the past.  Spotify user name: dan.hagn

Dhagn - I can clear your devices for you, but you will lose your offline tracks. Would you still like me to do so?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I am also having this message - sometimes, other times the music is simply gone. No where on signing up was the 3 device limit mentioned - at least in a way that gets noticed. I've just trawled through your site and cannot find mention of the limit.

Anyway, if those are the rules, please reset my devices so I can pick and choose. A challenge when I have 2 Macs, one at home, one for traveling, iPhone and iPad. All of which I'd like the music offline for different occasions.

Yours, Bruce

Hi,

Is there anyway for me to control and remove devices linked to my account? Do I have to rely on your help??

I see you have given this answer below to many subscribers. "We could also try removing all the devices linked to your account and letting you start over, just note that you will need to resync your playlists again. If that's something you'd like to try just let me know." 

Can you tell me which are connected?

/T

Bruce - No problem, I've just cleared those devices. You can find more info about Premium mobile use right here on our FAQ: http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/mobile/#offline-sync

tord00 - Currently you've got 3 devices with offline playlists: 2 androids and one Windows computer. Would you like us to clear those for you as well? 

Thanks for your help. Though I must say that 30 pages of complaints over this issue suggest you should dig it out of the FAQs and make it an obvious condition on sign-up. Also, the ability to self manage devices ala iTunes would seem obvious.

Thanks, Bruce

Hello,

I also am getting this message. I recently upgraded my phone and it looks like I have too many devices synced as a result. Can you please reset my account. I don't mind losing all my stored files.

Thanks in advance!

@wxofxw wrote:

Hello,

I also am getting this message. I recently upgraded my phone and it looks like I have too many devices synced as a result. Can you please reset my account. I don't mind losing all my stored files.

Thanks in advance!

Done!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

OK, this is getting silly. I have stored locally on my air and ipad... 2 devices. Woke up this morning, all offline music gone. why Why WHy WHY?

Same happens to me, time after time!  iPad, iPhone and a Mac connected and synced in offline mode.  The offline lists on my Mac are deleted at least once every month.  And for this I pay 99 NOK every month...

Suggested posts