Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

Solved!

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

I often get a message on my iPhone from spotify that I have offline playlists synced on more then 3 devices, and I have an option if I want to save my offline playlists on my telefone the message says that I just should quit and restarts spotify.
BUT NOW TO THE PROBLEM!!: I follow the message and quit spotify with hope that all my offlinemusic will still be there, BUT NO..!! And the other thing is that i DO NOT have synced playlists on 3 devices!!!! ONLY on my iphone!! When I restart spotify all music that I have synced are gone!!!?? WHY?! This is so annoying, and I am a paying coustomer so this makes me so angry!! Why pay if the program, by itself deletes my synced stuff...please help? What to do when even not the steps that I follow do not do as it says..?!
378 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey JeroenKoffie, welcome to the Community.

The list of devices isn't available for users at the moment, but I've gone ahead with the device reset for you. Let me know if that helps.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

hello - could you please tell me how many devices are currently showing as synced for me? and if more than 3, please reset them all? this is very frustrating, as i mentioned in a previous post.

nettaP - I've just reset your devices for you. Could you also make sure you have the most recent update of the iOS app. Let us know if that helps.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Can one of the moderators please reset my devices as well?  Thank you.

Hi Y2kevin- Yep that's all been done for you. 

Please do a clean reinstall on your desktop and your devices to be sure you've got our most up-to-date versions. Let us know how that works for you--thanks!

Hello!

I keep having problems with my synched (offline) playlists on my iPhone 4S.

It randomly deletes all data and informs me about 'too many devices' etc... but there's no way to manually deactivate old devices on your website, so I was thinking that you could, perhaps, reset all the devices for my account?

I have just changed my password as well, and after the reset I will just limit using my Spotify account to my Macbook and iPhone I guess.

Thank you so much... It's very frustrating to constantly find out my offline tracks have disappeared when I'm on the road. 😞

Hi Caemgen- I've just moved your post over to this more relevant thread. 

I've also removed the devices from your 'caemgen' account. Please do a clean reinstallation of the Spotify app on both your Macbook and your iPhone 4S (the lastest version is 0.5.0). 

Once you've done that, please resync your offline playlists. Let us know if you receive that message again--thanks!

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem. It seems every time I log in I run the risk of losing all of my music. Very frustrating, if it weren't for this issue I'd be singing the praises of this service. As it stands I'm stuck now for a week without my tunes. If possible could someone try resetting my devices, my samsung galaxy should be the only device with access

This message appeared for me for the first time today. Please reset my devices as well!

(By the way - shouldn't I be able to do that myself from my Spotify client? Or even better - just remove the limit.)

I have exactly the same problem! Could you please send me info to solve this..
Thanks!

hi,

i have had the same problem now for over 3 months and have finally decided to do something other that resyncing :).

I have 3 devices - 1 pc, 1 ipad and 1 phone.  Could you please confirm that these are the 3 devices and do reset.

Thanks,

Raj

Organ_Grinder, carlosalvan and brahmsdad - I've reset all your devices.

magkliarn - I can only see one device on your account at the moment. I would try reinstalling the app if you haven't already.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

@Richard: If magkliarn has received this message and lost their offline content and yet you only see one device registered for them, doesn't this mean that there is a problem here?

Does Spotify acknowledge this problem? Is anything being done? Do you have any idea at all what the problem is? Will it be fixed soon? Is there anything at all that users can do for themselves to stop this occuring?

I think these are reasonable questions to ask and to be answered by Spotify support. None of these questions are asking about future products (which you never talk about) they are just asking about a current problem that seems to be affecting many users and has been around for quite a while without any sign of a fix.

The '3 devices message' + desycning bug was identified and fixed. The fix was then pushed out in a recent version of the iOS app - 0.5.0 to be precise. This is why I have suggested magkliarn tries to reinstall the app, to make sure we're on the latest version.

The fact the app was only released recently means not all users may have upgraded yet.

And you're certain it affects no other platform than iOS?

The bug I referred to was caused in part by the way the iOS operating system dealt with disk space. As such I would expect it to be isolated to that platform only.

In the case where an Android user has this issue I would not hasten to the conclusion that this was a new bug of some kind. There's plenty of basic troubleshooting to go through until then - such as simply upgrading to the Preview version.

Since this thread is in the Accounts board it's hard to tell which platform everyone is on. As such I'd encourage users in future to post on the relevant board. That way we can best identify any prevalent new issues.

So your advice for users with any problems on Android, from this point on, is to upgrade to the Preview Version?

Is this also a tacit admission that there will be no further bug fixes to the Android version currently in the Google Play store?

Honestly, I don't know if the currently Google Play store version of the app will receive any more updates. I mean, it's pretty well known a brand new totally-redesigned app is on the way.

But I'll ask around and get back to you once I've got an answer.

Same problem here. Offline lists works fine on my android phone, but not on my iphone. I get the more than three devices error message on startup almost every time.

Suggested posts